11: I May Never Sleep Tonight

Chapter 11: I May Never Sleep Tonight

-

DAYS LATER

Save her…

Save her or she'll disappear...

Never let her fade away….

Aichi found himself on a dark place, he could hear the voices telling him those same things. Aichi couldn't help but to feel bad, he gulped in nervousness as he heard a voice calling up to him.

"Aichi, save me." It was what he heard.

Aichi looked around and saw Kourin standing, wearing a white hospital gown and her hands clasped together. She still looked frail and pale, and she was crying. Kourin called him once again.

"Aichi!"

"Kourin-chan…" Aichi tried to approach her yet he stood there in place, he can't move his feet.

"Aichi, please save me!" Kourin said.

Aichi panicked, "K-Kourin-chan!" He yelled, trying to move his feet. "Kourin-chan! I-I'll save you!"

"Please save me!" Kourin said once again, and the same thing that happened to Aichi did to her too.

"I will! Kourin-chan!" Aichi yelled once again and he tried to reach out for her.

Suddenly, Kourin started to fade away and Aichi couldn't do anything. He cried her name until there was just light.
-

Aichi woke up breathing heavily and his hands were up in the air. He sat and clutched the cloth of his shirt. "What was that dream?"

Aichi felt quite nervous, so he took his phone quickly and called Rekka.

"Aichi?" Rekka spoke, "What is it?"

"How is Kourin-chan? Is she awake? Is she alright?" Aichi asked, his concern and worry growing.

"She's okay, but still sleeping." Rekka replied, "What's wrong? You sound worried."

Aichi sighed in relief, his nightmare is making him feel like it actually happened. "No, it's nothing."

"I see, say Aichi, are you coming over today? Kourin is on a good condition and if she wakes up we're taking her home. Maybe you want to see her."

"Sure!"

-

As Aichi was going to the hospital as he ran, he nearly bumped onto Kai who was walking. Fortunately Kai wasn't hit by Aichi.

"Kai-kun! I-I'm sorry!" Aichi apologized.

"I'm fine," Replied Kai. "You seem to be in a hurry  what's wrong?"

"I-It's something important," Aichi replied. "Sorry Kai-kun, I really need to go. I'll see you next time!" He said and ran fast.

Kai only stared at Aichi as he was far away, he blinked before leaving. 'Something seems wrong, but I'm not sure.' He thought, 'Oh well…'
-

Aichi managed to go to the hospital and ran to Kourin's room.

He saw Kourin awake and sitting at the bed, she was taking a bite on an apple. He sighed as he saw her fine.

Kourin looked at him and smiled, "Hey there, Aichi."

"Hey… Kourin-chan…" Aichi panted hardly, he then sat next to her.

"Are you okay? You look tired." Kourin asked.

Aichi then breathed, "I'm okay. I just… hurried up here."

"Why?" Kourin was quite confused.

"I was called by Rekka-chan earlier and that she told me today will be the day you're going home." Aichi replied.

Kourin nodded, "Yeah, I'm going home today."

"Oh, by the way where's Rekka-chan?" Aichi asked.

"She had to go to the pharmacy to buy my medicine, although I insisted that I'm the one who should do that." Kourin said.

Aichi gave a small smile as he chuckled, he then looked at Kourin as she took another bite on her apple. "Kourin-chan, how are you feeling now?"

"I'm okay, I still feel a bit weak but I'm okay," Kourin replied and Aichi nodded.

Rekka came back with a pack full of medicines, Aichi was surprised by the amount of it.

"Kourin, we're going home now. The doctors allowed us." Rekka said and looked at Aichi, "Aichi, can you help Kourin until we get home? She still seem a little weak so she needs some help."

"R-Rekka!" Kourin blushed hard and looked away, she glanced at Aichi who was also blushing and scratching the back of his head.

"Um, I can help you…" Aichi told her bashfully.

Kourin then glanced back at Rekka who was smirking at her. Kourin just sighed and looked back at Aichi, "Okay, you can help supporting me when I walk." She said and Aichi smiled.

Kourin blushed and she shoved the apple on Aichi's mouth, causing the blunette to eat it. "K-Kourin-chan…" Aichi took the apple off and munched it.
-

They went to the Tatsunagi residence, and Aichi was surprised by how elegant their house is. When they went out from the car, Aichi helped Kourin. They were greeted by Suiko who hurriedly went to Kourin.

"Welcome back Kourin, I'm glad you're okay now." Suiko said as she embraced Kourin. Then, she looked at Aichi smiled.

"Thank you for helping Kourin," She said.

Aichi smiled back, "It's no problem, I'll always help Kourin-chan."

"Aichi, you can um… stay here longer." Kourin said.

Aichi blushed and looked down, "Um… I'm sorry, I need to go home now. Although I want to, I can't."

"Okay, then… I'll see you next week at school. I'll be better that time." Kourin told him and Aichi nodded.

"I'll see you then, get well soon Kourin-chan." Aichi held Kourin's hand.

"I will, thank you again." Kourin replied.

As they let go from their hold, Aichi went back home.
-

It was night, Aichi was lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling, he remembered his dream.

"I wonder… why is Kourin-chan like that in my dreams."

'Kourin has a disease that can't be cured.'

Aichi shook his head, "No, that must NOT be the reason." He sighed, "Is there really no cure for her disease?"

"I just have to see her this week and I guess we'll not think about that right now. All that's important is that I can be with her."
-

In his dream, he saw Kourin again. She was looking at Aichi, but they were far away. Suddenly, Kourin looked down and told him.

"I'm sorry Aichi."

Kourin then started to disappear and Aichi couldn't reach out for her again.

Aichi woke and was breathing heavily, "I don't think I can sleep tonight." He said to himself and only sat on his dark room.

-
END OF CHAPTER 11

A/N: At least I got to write this even though my writer's block is still there! By the way, I really appreciate y'all guys to read this! This story might become longer than I thought it would be. Maybe this will have 20 chapters or so. The longest fic that I've ever written in my life! Haha. Jet out.