16: To Convince

Chapter 16: To Convince

-

"You really think that Kourin will never talk to Aichi Sendou again?" Rekka asked as she looked at Takuto who was sitting while staring at the papers on his desk.

"Why do you ask? It's been a year and those two never interacted." Takuto replied sternly, "I may even have to bring us back to the place we were these past years if I knew they're still talking to each other."

"Takuto, aren't you being a bit too strict to Kourin?" Suiko asked worryingly, she had not seen this kind of Takuto ever in her whole life. What more if he become mad?

Takuto sighed, looking at the sisters with concern. "I just can't bear seeing my relative being hurt, I saw her cry back then. I couldn't help but to feel sad too."

"I see…" Rekka responded, "We know how you feel…"

"Yeah, that's why I don't want her to be sad again."
-

"Aichi, what do you mean you and Kourin are in terms again?" Kai spoke when Aichi told him what happened. He was speaking with Aichi by the phone.

Aichi replied, "Yeah, I finally got her to notice me again and… I confessed to her."

"Seriously?" Kai asked, "But didn't you say her family prevented you from talking to her? What will you think will happen if they knew?"

"I…" Aichi went quiet for a few seconds before he continued, "I'll think of a way to convince them about my feelings for her."

"Aichi…" Kai felt quite concerned for Aichi and he only sighed as he replied, "Good luck then."

"Thank you, Kai-kun."

The call ended and Kai stared at his phone, hoping that things might go well for his best friend.
-

Aichi was at his room, sitting by the bedside as he looked at the ceiling. Mixed emotions filled him; he is happy because Kourin and him finally got to talk after a year, and they confesses to each other. But then he's scared of what will happen to them.

'What will you think will happen if they knew?'

Aichi tried to understand the reason why Kourin is being forced to not be too friendly. Is it because of her illness? Aichi can only think.

He wanted to talk to the Tatsunagi family, but he's not allowed. Aichi also doesn't know what is Kourin's current condition, as he forgot to ask her due to Kourin having to go quickly so that no one would notice them together.

Aichi wants to convince the family to set Kourin free, to be free for what she wants to do. He wants to help her, save her from the loneliness she would feel. As he made a promise to her long ago.

But then, how is he supposed to? If they are both being stopped by Kourin's family? He doesn't want Kourin to be away from him again.

"I'll have to think of any possibilities then.." Aichi muttered before he lied down on the bed and slept.
-

It was a normal day of school, but Aichi and Kourin couldn't talk to each other unless they are in a place with few people. They usually talk on the stairs going to the school's rooftop, and on abandoned classrooms.

Aichi then asked Kourin, "How can I talk to your family to convince them to set you free?"

"What do you mean, Aichi?"

"I can't stand seeing you being lonely, I want to help you get through this. Of course your illness is one of the reasons why, but that doesn't mean it could be the reason why you have to be kept away from others. Kourin-chan, please."

Kourin looked down and then smiled as she looked back, "There is one way, Aichi."

"W-what could it be?"

"It's to try hard enough to bring back their trust to you, I'm not sure myself how though, but I believe that if you do that, they'll trust you again." Kourin explained.

Aichi nodded and smiled, "I see, so that's what I have to do."
-

Kourin was walking home by her own, she saw Rekka waiting by the school gate.

"Kourin!" Rekka approached Kourin and held her hands.

"Rekka…" Kourin only looked at Rekka.

Rekka smiled and giggled, "I thought of going home with you. It's been a while since we've been doing this."

"Yeah," Kourin agreed. The last time the siblings went home together was when Kourin's still can easily speak with Aichi.

As they were walking, Rekka noticed how Kourin became more quiet, and that she would only look down. Rekka remembered the way they treat Aichi every time he would try to talk to them during the year.

-FLASHBACK-

"C-can I please just… talk to you? I have to explain!" Aichi Sendou said as he was in front of the gates of the Tatsunagi residence.

"How many times do we have to say that you have no more need to explain?! You already broke our promise to not tell others! How can we trust you again?!" Rekka yelled angrily.

Aichi held the gate grills tightly, "I-I really have to-"

"No! Leave us alone, Aichi Sendou!"

Aichi then let go and walked away.

"Rekka! What the hell are you doing to Aichi?!" Kourin yelled as she approached Rekka and held her shoulder.

"I can't stand seeing him here!" Rekka yelled back.

"That doesn't mean you should do that! Aichi is not a bad person, Rekka!" Kourin said.

Rekka gritted her teeth, "How can you say that to a person who we lost trust with, huh?! And you say he's not a bad person?!"

Suddenly Kourin felt her heart pain and clutched on her cloth, she winced. "He's not-"

Rekka then heard a thud and she saw Kourin kneeling down and looked in pain, Rekka panicked and called for help.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"Hey Kourin," Rekka spoke.

"Yeah?" Kourin responded and glanced at Rekka.

"Somehow… I feel scared of Takuto." Said Rekka.

"Why?"

Rekka looked back at Kourin and continued, "He might bring us back to our old place if Sendou keeps on talking to with you."

Kourin was surprised, she didn't know anything about this. "What?! That's not true-"

"It's true, Kourin. He said it to us, I'm surprised myself too." Rekka frowned. "Are you still talking with him?"

"No."

"You're lying, Kourin."

Kourin bit her lip before nodding, "Yeah. In secret."

Rekka then held Kourin's hand again, "Can you please tell Sendou that I'm sorry? I… I really feel bad."

"Of course, but you've got to promise me that you won't hurt him. Aichi wants to gain your trust on him again, he told me he would do anything. Because…"

"Because… what?" Rekka wondered.

"We're in love with each other," Kourin told Rekka.

Rekka's eyes widened in surprise and she felt happy but also worried because of Takuto. "I-I can't believe it, you and Aichi Sendou…"

Rekka then smiled at Kourin, "I hope you and him will be together."

"I really hope so," Kourin said and frowned as she looked at the sky.
-

END OF CHAPTER 16

Longest freaking chapter D; Also what am I even writing