38: Signs of Life

Chapter 38: Signs of Life

-

"Being sick as pregnant is quite normal, but then, your wife has a very weak body, she might not even handle her pregnancy. But then, if she has her maintenance then it would be okay for her." The doctor told Aichi and looked at him. Aichi nodded and thanked the doctor.

"Thank you doc." He said and looked at Kourin who's laying at the hospital bed. He stared at her with worried eyes, he looked at her as she opened her eyes and looked back at him.

"Aichi… what did the doctor say?" Kourin asked.

"He said that… it's normal, but you might not handle your pregnancy well… because of your weak body." Aichi explained.

"Oh…" Kourin looked to her side and sighed, "I guess it was destined for me to be like this… I already have my disease and now this? I don't even know anymore."

"Kourin don't say that, we can get through this. We'll have a happy family and… and we can do more things together! Please believe that you can fight, I know you can." Aichi held her hand. "I'll take care of you, I'll help you."

Kourin blinked as she looked at her husband; she knew he would say those things, but it's still making her surprised. She doesn't know herself, but for her Aichi is a very willing person, he's someone who never gives up and helps. And she's glad that Aichi is with her.

Kourin gave a small smile, "Thank you. You never get tired of helping me."

"I will never get tired of you." Aichi replied and smiled back.

Kourin nodded and puts her hand her stomach, "I'm sure our child will be like you."

"What do you mean, Kourin?"

"Nothing… it's just… I have a feeling."

Aichi chuckled and went to kiss her forehead. He let go and went to buy Kourin's medicines and then right after, they went home.
-

"So where's my cheesecake?" Kourin asked Aichi as they took a cab going to their apartment.

"I left it at our apartment, you get to eat it later, okay?" Aichi said.

Kourin pouted and looked at the window, "You do know a pregnant lady can't wait."

"Oh dear…" Aichi laughed and stared back at Kourin. "You need enough sleep and rest, you being sick worries me."

Kourin smiled back, she knew how worrying Aichi is. When she first had her morning sickness Aichi was the one freaking out more than her, it made her laugh up until now. Kourin snickered as she remembered.

Aichi noticed how Kourin giggled and he couldn't help but to wonder why, but he just shrugged it off.

When they got to their apartment, Aichi helped Kourin to sit on the couch. Kourin breathed and looked at Aichi who went to the kitchen to take the cheesecake on the fridge that he bought. She observed him as he walked up to her and gave her the cheesecake, which she accepted and ate quickly.

Aichi just watched as Kourin ate her cheesecake and was amazed and horrified at the same time by how Kourin gobbled down her food as quickly, he doesn't understand how pregnant women works.

"So uh… my work's gonna start tomorrow." Aichi started.

"Oh really? I hope it's a great job." Kourin said to him.

Aichi nodded, "Yeah, I'm working at Kai-kun's cafe. Do you want to go there some time? They have delicious cheesecakes, just like that one. You like them, don't you?"

Kourin agreed and gave a big smile, "Of course!"

Aichi blushed at her smile and looked away trying to hide his blush. Kourin looked at Aichi and giggled, there are things that doesn't change to Aichi's personality. He's still the same boy that she met years ago.

Suddenly Kourin felt a slight bump on her tummy and gasped, she touched her tummy and looked at Aichi. "A-Aichi, t-the baby..."

"What happened? Do you need help? I-is our baby okay?" Aichi quite panicked.

"No you idiot! Our baby is moving!" Kourin told him.

Aichi's jaw dropped and he quickly puts his hand on Kourin, he smiled when he felt the small kick. "Oh… o-our baby…" He felt his eyes tearing up and he sobbed.

"Why the heck are you crying?" Kourin laughed and Aichi wiped his tears away. He looked at Kourin and laughed nervously.

"I-I'm sorry Kourin it's because… I couldn't help it!"

Kourin smirked as she touched her tummy, 'Your father is a big idiot… That's just one thing I don't know if I want you to be…'

-
END OF CHAPTER 38