12: Bright

A/N: Guess who have their writer's block disappeared?! Yes! Me! I think I might update this more frequently. By the way, I'm sorry if the story's somehow slow progressing mostly from the plot. I'm more of a 'detail-this-chapter' kind of person. The story's kind of a slice of life series so expect slow progression. Now on with the story!
=

Chapter 12: Bright

-

It was the time when Kourin went back to school after a week of staying in the hospital, she was actually glad that her illness stopped for now. She still have to go back for check ups though, to keep herself okay.

As she went to her classroom, she was greeted by some of her classmates and asked her how she is. She gave an assuring answer that she's fine.

She saw Aichi looking at her from his seat and smiling, Kourin smiled back. She went to him and greeted him. "Good morning Aichi."

"Good morning, Kourin-chan." Aichi greeted back and watched her as she sat behind him.

"You should come along with me later, Kourin-chan. We'll have lunch together." Aichi suggested and Kourin nodded.

"Sure." Kourin said.

Kourin can't believe how much of a good person Aichi is, she can't stop thinking about him for a while now.

Aichi then glanced at her as Kourin was staring at him, "Um… do you… have something to say?"

Kourin reacted quickly and she looked away, blushing as she pouted. "N-nothing!"

"Um… okay?" Aichi got quite confused but he just gave a smile. Aichi thought that Kourin is cute with that kind of expression, he just chuckled.

Kourin heard his chuckle and she looked back at Aichi, "What?"

"No, it's nothing." Aichi replied.

Kourin only blinked and notice how Aichi smirked as he looked away, she frowned.
-

When it was time to go home, Kourin was about to go out when Aichi suddenly went to her.

"Kourin-chan, um… are you free today?" Aichi asked.

"Yes, why?" Kourin said.

Aihi scratched his head before answering, "Um… we should… hang out. Also, I want to show you something."

Kourin nodded, "Sure, but what was that?"

"Uh… you'll see later. Remember when I told you I'll show you something before? I think now is the chance." Aichi told her and then took his bag. "Let's go?"

"Okay," Kourin said and also took hers. The two of them then went out together.
-

They went to the park they once first met each other, both of them reminisced the time. It was really unimaginable that time passed quickly.

Aichi saw an ice cream truck and bought two ice creams for him and Kourin. He went back to Kourin and saw her sat on a bench, he sat next to her.

"So, what was it you wanted to show me?" Kourin asked as she looked at Aichi. Aichi gave her the ice cream.

Aichi smiled at her, "We should stay for a bit longer until you see it."

"How long do we have to wait?" Kourin asked again.

Aichi then looked at the lake that was in front of them. "If you look at the lake, the sun sets there. It's a really beautiful sight once you see it."

Kourin looked at the lake and nodded, "I guess we really should stay for a while, huh."

"Yeah."

Until the sun goes down, the two of them just talked about each other, and then they saw the setting sun.

"Kourin-chan, look." Aichi pointed at the lake.

Kourin glanced and was mesmerized by how beautiful the sunset is. "It really is beautiful, Aichi. Wow."

"See? I told you," Aichi said and laughed.

Kourin blushed and looked away, making Aichi chuckle. "You still have ice cream on your cheeks, Kourin-chan."

"I-I do?" Kourin said and Aichi nodded. Aichi leaned closer to her and wiped the ice cream off her face with his finger.

"Oh," Kourin and Aichi laughed at it.

"Kourin-chan, you know, I have to admit that you're really a beautiful girl. The most beautiful one that I've ever seen, on top of that, you're a good person." Aichi confessed and gave a sincere smile at Kourin.

Kourin blushed at his compliment and looked at him, "Is that true?"

"Of course, I can't lie to you about that." Aichi replied, "And… your smile… is so bright. And I don't want to see you being so sad, that's why I promised to myself that, I will make you happy. Even through the hardest times. I'm your best friend, that's why."

"I see," Kourin looked down, she smiled back and held Aichi's hand. "Aichi, I know you still can't believe about my condition… but, I also couldn't believe you still try to keep yourself happy. I don't know why you do it, I'm not sure why you're like that to me. But, thank you Aichi. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem, I'm always here to help you." Aichi said to her and Kourin giggled.

"I guess it's time to go home now, don't you think?" Kourin stated, she stood up.

Aichi then followed her, "Do you mind me walking you home?"

"Are you sure? You know my house is far away," Kourin said.

Aichi then smirked, "It's all right, I can explain to my Mom when I got home."

"Well then… let's go?"

"Sure."

Aichi held her hand and smiled at each other as they walked away, Aichi thought that Kourin's smile is really the brightest and he is glad that he's the one Kourin is giving that kind of smile to.
-

END OF CHAPTER 12