13: Secrets

Chapter 13: Secrets

-

Three months have passed; Aichi and Kourin became closer that both of them had developed feelings for each other, but even so, both of them doesn't have a courage to tell their feelings. Kourin also became best friends with Misaki, and became close to Naoki and Shingo.

Kourin still has to check up for her disease, so that she would know if she's okay. And she is.
-

Aichi was walking to the grocery store, he bumped onto Kai who was coincidentally going to the same place.

"Hey Kai-kun," Aichi greeted him.

"Hey," Kai looked at Aichi and spoke, "You're going to the grocery store, huh."

"Yeah, I have to buy some snacks. I'm going home right after this so I'm just going to be quick. How about you?" Aichi asked.

"Same thing," Kai replied.

Aichi observed his best friend as they walked, he noticed how there's a little bandage on his eyebrow. Aichi got concerned. "What happened to you, Kai-kun?"

Kai sighed, "I got into a fight last Saturday. There was this little group from my school hitting a girl walking on my street."

Aichi was surprised, "Whoa… I didn't expect that. What happened to the girl? Is she okay?"

Kai nodded, "Yeah."

When they got onto the grocery store, they didn't expect to meet Misaki there too. She was walking around with a basket.

"Misaki-san!" Aichi called to her and Misaki heard him; she glanced and smiled as she saw Aichi. She also saw Kai who only stayed quiet when they met each other's eyes.

"Hey there you two," Misaki went to them and looked at Kai. "Kai, I forgot to thank you from what happened last Saturday."

Kai shook his head, "No it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Aichi was confused and looked at the two and he got surprised, "Wait you're the girl that Kai-kun saved?"

Misaki nodded, "Yeah."

Aichi then chuckled as he stared at the two, he knew that both of them has feelings for each other but they never told about it. "Well, I'll be leaving you two here. See you guys!" Aichi said and left the two.

"H-hey, Aichi!" Misaki sighed when Aichi got away. She looked at Kai. "Um, Kai… so…"

Kai looked at Misaki and spoke, "Don't you think Aichi became different?"

"What do you mean, Kai?" Misaki asked.

"I mean, ever since he met that Tatsunagi girl he somehow changed. It's like, he might act the same but as his childhood best friend I can see it, he seem like he's hiding something. I don't know what though." Kai explained.

Misaki then thought for a while, she also felt like Aichi is really hiding something. And she thought that Kourin might be behind it, since she always see those two together.

"Yeah, I thought so too." Misaki said, "I have to ask Aichi and Kourin if they're really hiding something."

"Me too," Kai replied.
-

Aichi went out of the store and he looked at his phone as he dialed Kourin's number. "Hello, Kourin-chan?"

"Aichi? You called?" Kourin spoke.

Aichi chuckled, "I just want to know if you're okay. Are you going to go to your check up?"

"Yes, I have one later." Kourin replied.

"Well then, I'll call you later when you're finished." Aichi said, he smiled to himself as Kourin bid him goodbye and looked at his phone.

"Aichi?" Aichi heard someone called him, he turned around and saw Misaki with Kai.

"H-hey there you two," Aichi waved his hand at them. He hoped that they didn't hear his conversation with Kourin.

Kai then approached him, "Aichi, tell me, are you hiding something from us?"

Aichi's eyes widened in shock, "W-what do you mean Kai-kun?"

"Don't pretend, I know you do." Kai said to him and Aichi gulped.

"K-Kai-kun… I…"

"Aichi, just tell us. I know you and Kourin seem to be hiding something. Ever since Kourin got out from the hospital you never told us a thing about it. Naoki and Shingo said you went there, didn't you?" Misaki spoke.

Aichi looked at both of them with nervousness. "I um…" He breathed, and looked down. "I-I can't… there's nothing…"

"Nothing? Aichi, it's obvious enough." Kai said.

Aichi fisted his hands, "I said there is nothing, Kai-kun!"

"Then what happened to Kourin?" Misaki asked.

Aichi didn't know what to do now, he can only look down. "I swear there is none… She was just admitted and nothing else happened."

"Aichi…" Misaki went to him, "You can tell us."

Aichi then sighed, "Wait a second okay? I'm calling Kourin-chan." He said took his phone to call Kourin.

"Aichi, what is it?" Kourin called.

"Kourin-chan… I-I… M-Misaki-san wants to talk to you." Aichi said stutteringly as he gave his phone to Misaki.

"Hello Kourin? You have to tell us something, do you have a secret you couldn't tell us?" Misaki spoke in a quite concerned yet a little angry voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Misaki." Kourin said.

Misaki sighed, "Where are you right now?"

"I…" Kourin became quiet for a few seconds, "I'm at home. Why?"

"I'll go there with Aichi and Kai, you're going to tell me what's going on between you and Aichi." Misaki told her.

Aichi gulped in nervousness, "M-Misaki-san… are you sure about this?"

"If this is the only way," Kai spoke as he looked at Aichi. "I sure hope this isn't something real bad."

Aichi frowned, 'It is…' He thought.

"Kourin told me we should go there now, Aichi you know the place, right?" Misaki stated as she went to the two.

Aichi nodded and breathed, trying to keep his composure. "Yeah…"

He only hoped that nothing will go wrong.
-

END OF CHAPTER 13