28: How Long Will This Last?

Chapter 28: How Long Will This Last?

-

It was night time, Kourin was still at the hospital, and she was feeling sleepy. She had just finishes her check up and she needed to take a rest.

But then she noticed the door opened, Suiko appeared and smiled at her. "Kourin, Aichi-kun is here." Suiko said.

"Hello Kourin-chan," Aichi came up from behind Suiko, his hands on his back.

"Come in, Aichi." Kourin said and Aichi nodded, Suiko then excused herself out.

Aichi stood there, and he gave a smile at his fiancee. Kourin was quite suspicious on his moves.

"Aichi, what's that on your back?" Kourin asked.

Aichi then chuckled, he took his hand from his back, revealing a bouquet of flowers. "Happy Anniversary of us." He said.

"Aichi…" Kourin blushed. "Today is our… anniversary?"

"No, tomorrow. I just want to be early as possible. And, because I've heard tomorrow's your therapy so… I went now." Aichi explained and scratched his head, "I'll just put this next to you, okay?"

Kourin nodded, she watched as Aichi put the bouquet on the vase next to her bed. "It's late, won't you go home?"

"I'm staying here, until tomorrow morning. It's okay for you, right?" Aichi asked.

"Sure, but how about your family?" Kourin said.

"They said it's okay, so don't worry." Aichi replied and he sat down. "I'll sleep here with you."

Kourin then smiled, "You really want to do that, huh."

Aichi nodded, then he pulled his seat just near Kourin. Then he held her hand. "I can't wait to get married, it's just a year left."

"Don't get too excited, Aichi." Kourin then yawned. "I really need to rest."

"Please do, I don't want you to be exhausted. Also I'll look after you," Aichi whispered and then leaned to her face and gave a kiss on her forehead.
-

The day Kourin got discharged from the hospital, it wasn't easy as what they thought it would be. Kourin had a hard time walking, so it took her weeks before she could walk properly. Kourin was just thankful that school didn't start when she had that problem.

So when it was time for the new school year, Kourin was okay. She still had times when she would cough blood, so that was quite alarming for her.

The day of the new school year started, Kourin was walking to school by her own. She didn't know why Aichi was late, or was she too early? Kourin looked at her phone and she never received a message from him.

She thought that maybe he's sleeping late again, and Kourin was quite annoyed why at a time like this he would be late. But then those thoughts disappeared when she heard footsteps, Kourin glanced around and saw Aichi running up to her.

Aichi stopped in front of her and he breathed heavily, he then looked at Kourin and grinned silly. Kourin sighed and then went to Aichi.

"I told you not to stay up late, Aichi." Kourin said and looked at Aichi's appearance, she sighed again and then adjusted Aichi's necktie.

"That wasn't neat, huh." Kourin giggled at him.

"I was in a hurry..." Aichi replied.

"Aichi! Kourin!" They then heard Naoki called, they both looked at Naoki and Shingo.

Naoki grinned as he approached Aichi and puts his arms on Aichi's shoulder. "How's the future bride and groom going, huh?!"

"Shut up," Kourin blushed and turned around and walked away.

"K-Kourin-chan?!" Aichi then got away from Naoki and he chased Kourin.

"Those two really…" Naoki smirked at them and then looked at Shingo who was looking at his phone. "Who's that?"

Shingo suddenly got red and took his phone away, "That is none of your business!"

"Damn, why everyone gotta have a girlfriend and I ain't got one?" Naoki whined and then walked.

"No one would like a delinquent like you, Ishida." Shingo taunted.

"'No one would like a delinquent like you.'" Naoki mocked, "Just look, Granny Glasses! I'm gonna have a girlfriend!"

"The world will end!" Shingo yelled as the two walked.

Suddenly, Naoki bumped onto a girl with violet hair and violet eyes. She also wore glasses and their uniform.

"Sorry," Naoki apologized. "You alright?"

"Yes," The girl said and looked at Naoki, Naoki suddenly felt his heart beat and he blushed. The girl then walked away, leaving Naoki staring at her.

"Shingo, who was that girl?" Naoki asked.

"Maki Nagashiro, the secretary of the Student Council. I've heard she'll be the next Vice President." Shingo explained. Then his eyes widened in realization. "Wait Ishida, is this what I think it is?"

"Dunno man, but I gotta know her." Naoki said and then proceeded to walk to their classroom.

"I-Ishida! Wait!" Shingo then followed Naoki.
-

"Kourin, are you okay?" Aichi asked as Kourin suddenly stood up and coughed, he got concerned.

Kourin only nodded and went to the restroom.

It was lunch break and everyone was eating, Kourin couldn't eat properly due to her throat getting sore and she needs to go to the restroom when she coughed.

'This isn't good...' Aichi thought and he followed Kourin. He waited for Kourin to go out of the restroom, and when she did. Aichi got shocked of how pale Kourin has become.

"Oh Kourin-chan… I'm sorry…" Aichi whispered as he embraced Kourin.

"Aichi, I need my medicine." Kourin said.

Aichi nodded and they went back to the classroom to give Kourin her medicine. "I really hope that this will stop, Kourin-chan. I can't bear to see you like this."

"I'm sorry Aichi," Kourin said and smiled sadly at Aichi. "There were blood earlier, and I'm quite scared…"

Aichi then looked at Kourin as she took her medicine and he kept quiet.

"Thank you for helping me, Aichi." Kourin told him.

"It's alright, Kourin-chan. I will do anything to help you." Aichi replied and could only think, 'for how long will this last?'

-
END OF CHAPTER 28

:'>