32: Streetlights

A/N: My sister was like "Aichi" and I'm like, "What about him?" then she was like "You're Aichi." I just looked at her and said "I'm not Aichi!"
=

Chapter 32: Streetlights
-

It was the day where the project has to be passed and reported to the class, Kourin never understood why she would be nervous at something like this. When it was their group's turn to report, she saw her group cheering for her. Aichi looked at her and gave a thumbs up and grinned.

It was enough for her to feel okay.

Aichi watched as Kourin spoke in front of her class, he was amazed by how Kourin explained their Science project very simple yet it was detailed.

Kourin's report finished and everyone gave a clap to her. Kourin smiled and thanked them, she went back to her seat and as she looked at Aichi, Aichi gave a wink at her, making her blush.

-

As the school day ended, Aichi approached Kourin, and Naoki and Shingo went to her too.

"Kourin, that was really awesome!" Naoki told her.

"Yeah! I love how you explained those formulas like it's really easy!" Shingo said.

"Thank you, guys." Kourin said and smiled at them.

Aichi watched Kourin as she spoke to Naoki and Shingo, suddenly he felt his phone vibrate through his pocket and he looked at it. His mother messaged him. Aichi looked back at Kourin and tapped her shoulder.

"Um, Kourin-chan? I think we should be going now." Aichi said to her.

"Where are you guys going?" Naoki asked.

"Well… I'm going to introduce Kourin-chan to my family so…" Aichi replied.

"Oh, so it's a meeting. Damn, I still can't believe y'all two be having a marriage." Naoki smiled at the couple.

"I agree with Ishida, just before we were teenagers who just go having fun playing outside." Shingo reminisced. "I can't believe Sendou-kun would be ahead of us."

Aichi chuckled and held Kourin's hand. "Things do change, doesn't it?" Aichi told them and then looked at Kourin.

"I guess we should go now?" Kourin said.

Aichi nodded, "So see you guys tomorrow!" Aichi waved his hand at Naoki and Shingo as they left.
-

When Aichi and Kourin went to Aichi's house, they were greeted by Aichi's mother and Emi. The two got surprised as Shizuka and Emi threw confetti.

"M-mom… Emi…" Aichi sweat dropped.

"So this is Kourin-chan? Hello! You're such a beautiful young lady, I can't wait to see you on your wedding!" Shizuka said as she approached Kourin and held her hand, dragging her to the living room. The two sat on the couch.

"Aichi, you have found such a beautiful girl! How did you two meet?" Shizuka asked.

"W-well…" Aichi spoke as he sat on the chair next to them. "I met Kourin-chan back when we were just kids. After Aunt's funeral, I was walking on the park's playground and I saw her. That's how we met."

"Oh, that's so romantic. First love never dies." Shizuka said.

"You never mentioned how you said I am your princess and that you're a hero." Kourin remarked.

Shizuka and Emi gasped, they never knew Aichi would say those kinds of things. "Is that true, Aichi?" Emi asked.

"Uh… y-yeah…" Aichi nodded, "I did because… Dad told me about his saying."

"Let me guess, 'Never call yourself a hero if you can't save your princess.' Isn't it?" Emi said.

"Yes. Wait- you know about that?" Aichi got confused.

"Idiot, Dad always say that to me and Mom too." Emi told him and crossed her arms.

"Oh dear, Aichi and his father are the same. Like father, like son." Shizuka said, "By the way, you never told us your last name, Kourin-chan. What is it?"

"Um, my name is Kourin Tatsunagi." Kourin told Shizuka.

"Tatsunagi! So you're Emi's friend's sister!" Shizuka replied, "Oh dear, what a small world. And it's Tatsunagi… Oh dear!"

"Mom?"

"Takuto Tatsunagi! One of the most prestigious person in the world! I know about him!" Shizuka said.

Kourin sweat dropped and blinked, then she looked at Aichi and Emi who just gave an awkward smile.

"Um, I'll prepare the foods. Kourin-san, will you stay for dinner?" Emi said and stood up.

"Sure, Takuto allowed me anyways." Kourin agreed.

"Tell me more about yourself, Kourin-chan! Aichi already talked to me about you but I prefer it if you're the one to tell me." Shizuka stated as she held Kourin's hand.

"Does that mean I'm not a good teller?" Aichi asked.

"You're okay, to the point where you belong on being a narrator of a cheesy romantic book," Emi said from the kitchen.

Aichi only looked down and sighed, "Why are you like this to me?" He muttered.
-

"I really love your family, Aichi." Kourin told Aichi as they walked on the streets that night. The streetlights were the only thing that made the streets bright. They were holding hands as they walked.

"Thank you, Kourin-chan. Say, are you excited on being their in-laws?" Aichi asked.

"Yes, I'd be so glad." Kourin replied.

Aichi chuckled and then looked at Kourin, they stopped just below another streetlight. "Kourin-chan, I'm so glad that we're getting married. I can't believe that it's just going to be months left, I'm excited too."

"Yeah, but please stop all of these cheesy stuff. Even your sister complains." Kourin scolded and frowned.

"Aw come on! Even you?"

"Idiot, who wouldn't cringe?"

Aichi then sighed and embraced Kourin, he buried his face on her neck. "I'll get you, one day."

"I'm not letting you, also no kids." Kourin said seriously.

"What? I want to have some! Like, four or ten of them." Aichi suggested. Kourin then giggled, she hugged Aichi back.

"Okay then, we'll have kids. But not THAT MANY." Kourin warned, "Seriously, boys will be boys no matter who and what they are."

Aichi laughed and then let go from the embrace, "Let's get you home now."

"Sure." Kourin nodded and they walked to Kourin's home as they looked around the peaceful scenery of the night with the bright lights of the streetlights.

-

END OF CHAPTER 32

A/N: Sorry I didn't update this yesterday although I planned to! I had to go to the doctor to have a check up, and I have to go to the ENT as soon as possible. Maybe tomorrow I'll go there. Damn.
-Jet