40: The Worst Thing to Happen

A/N: THIS IS IT GUYS. THIS IS IT. I'M SO SORRY. *gives all of you boxes of tissues*
=

Chapter 40: The Worst Thing to Happen

-

Aichi, Kourin, and their newborn Eiichi went home. Kourin would lie down with Eiichi on their bed, and she would watch her baby as she sleeps.

"Kourin?" She heard her husband speak, Kourin glanced and saw Aichi smiling at them.

"Are you okay now?" Aichi asked.

Kourin slightly nodded, "I am. I just feel a little tired, that's all."

Aichi held her hand and kissed it, "Get well soon, Kourin. You might need some rest."

"And Eiichi?"

"I'll take care of Eiichi-kun, don't worry." Aichi said.

Kourin then looked at Eiichi and kissed him, before she went to sleep. Aichi only observed them, he glanced at the window and saw how the sun's bright. He looked back at Kourin and saw how the sun rays shone on her face, he couldn't help but to think of how beautiful she is. He blushed at the thought and he went back on observing them.

He is just happy that nothing went wrong.
-

There were days that their friends and family would visit them, they would say how much Eiichi looks a lot like his father and Kourin would agree. Aichi always get teased a lot by his friends.

It was a very happy moment for the couple.
-

Five months have passed.

Kourin was at the living room with Eiichi on the crib, she was watching her son laugh as Kourin played with him. Suddenly, Kourin felt her chest pain. Kourin suddenly became dizzy and she had to sit down, she moaned in pain.

Then, she suddenly felt like vomiting. She ran to the bathroom and she hacked up blood.

"No… Please not now…" Kourin realized it was her illness attacking her again.

But it wasn't like it was before. She felt more pain and it was worse.

She went back to the living room to take her phone to call Suiko.

"Kourin? What is it?" Suiko answered.

"S-Suiko… Come quickly… I… please…" Kourin replied, trying to regain her breath.

Suiko then later went to Kourin and saw her sitting on the couch and her hand on her chest. Kourin winced in pain.

"Kourin, let's go to the hospital…" Suiko said and helped Kourin to stand up.

"What about Eiichi? Who'll be taking care of him?" Kourin asked worrying about her son.

Suiko looked at Eiichi and looked back at Kourin. "I'll call Mrs. Sendou, okay?" Suiko said and took out her phone to call Shizuka.

Shizuka went with Emi and Rekka quickly and saw Kourin and Suiko, they got worried and watched the two as they went out. Kourin looked at Shizuka and smiled.

"Please take care of him…"

"I will." Shizuka nodded and smiled back.
-

Aichi was at his job and serving his costumers, when suddenly Miwa called Aichi. Aichi went to Miwa and asked why.

"Apparently, Kourin-chan's illness attacked her again. It's an emergency." Miwa said; Aichi got surprised, his eyes widened and he became speechless.

"You can take the day off today, Aichi. Your wife needs you." Miwa told him, Aichi nodded.

Aichi hurriedly ran off the cafe and to his apartment, he saw his mother taking care of Eiichi.

"M-mom… Where is Kourin?" Aichi asked.

"She's at the hospital with Suiko, you should go there." Shizuka told him and Aichi nodded.

Aichi glanced at Eiichi before he ran. 'Kourin… please… be okay… Eiichi-kun needs you…'

When he reached the hospital, he hurriedly ran to Kourin's room where she is. He was seen by Suiko and Aichi stopped, he sat next to her and panted.

"What happened… to her?" Aichi asked.

Suiko looked at him before she replied, "She was having the same symptoms as she always had, but Kourin told me it was hurting her even more…"

"I-I see…" Aichi looked down and closed his eyes. 'Please… don't…'

Minutes later, a doctor went out, telling Aichi and Suiko that Kourin is fine now.

Aichi went inside and saw Kourin who was looking straight at the ceiling. Aichi approached her, and he glanced back at Suiko who excused herself to go out.

Aichi gulped in nervousness as he stood next to Kourin, he bit his lower lip. He doesn't even know what to say, and he noticed how Kourin's eyes started to water.

"Aichi… can I say something?" Kourin spoke on a sad tone, she looked at Aichi and held his hand.

"S-sure…" Aichi replied.

It took Kourin some seconds before she spoke, she stared at Aichi for some time. "Aichi… the doctor spoke to me… and he said…" Kourin tightened her hold on Aichi.

"I-I've… not… I don't have much time left."

With those words, Aichi was shocked. He looked at her in disbelief, his hands trembled. His hold on Kourin's hand weakened and he felt his knees starting to get weak, he fell to the floor on his knees. He tried to stop himself to cry, but he didn't. He cried.

"H-how?" Aichi spoke, "You were so strong… how did this happen?"

"I'm sorry Aichi…" Kourin apologized.

Aichi sobbed, he looked at her. "How about Eiichi-kun? W-we're going to raise him together, don't we? Kourin?"

Kourin started to cry too, she doesn't know what to say to Aichi.

"Eiichi-kun… he needs you… he needs us together… I don't… I just can't see the future without you, Kourin… Please, tell me this isn't true!" Aichi said.

"I'm really sorry, Aichi…" Kourin replied.

Aichi slowly stood up and embraced Kourin, he just cried on her until he stopped. He only held her close to him, not wanting her to go.
-

END OF CHAPTER 40