27: A Simple Talk

A/N: QUICK QUESTION! Which would you guys want? When We Meet Again book 2 or a new fanfic with Aichi as a… yandere to Kourin? Let me know!

Chapter 27: A Simple Talk

-

Days before summer ends and everyone would enjoy the final days, yet it wasn't for Kourin. She was only staying at the hospital bed and would only go out if she ever needs to have check ups or therapy. Everything else that she does are in her bed.

Kourin could only look at the window next to her, she looked at the clear sky and would only smile.

Her illness was told to be slowing down once again, and it was a relief for her. Kourin also needs more check ups and to be taken care of at all times.

Kourin looked back at the needle attached on her hand, and she stared at it for long. She didn't even hear the door knocking for the some time, and when she noticed it she quickly spoke.

"Come in."

Kourin glanced at the door as it opened, and it was unexpected for her to see her visitor.

It was Aichi's best friend, Toshiki Kai.

"Kai," Kourin spoke.

Kai looked at her and went near her, he sat at the chair just near Kourin and he took a breath. "I rarely go to this place, but I want to know how you are." Kai said.

"Thank you for that, Kai." Kourin replied.

Kai then blinked, he just couldn't get why someone like Kourin would end up like this. Even though it was expected since she have a serious condition.

"I- uh… the cats somehow missed you." Kai told her, Kourin raised her eyebrow at that.

"Seriously?"

Kai nodded, "Don't know why but they got quite sad. I showed them pictures of Tokura and Aichi, yet none of the cats got interested on them. I showed them a picture of you sent by Aichi, and the cats responded."

Kourin then smiled, "I didn't know cats would do that."

"Would you like a cat? One of my cats are pregnant and I'd give some of them." Kai asked.

"I'd love to, but I can't. My sisters would love them though. Or Takuto." Kourin said.

Kai smirked at her reply and then stood up, he took something from his jacket. He revealed a picture. "Aichi took this picture of you with my cats, remember when you went on my apartment?"

Kai gave the picture to Kourin. The blonde got so very surprised to see the picture. "Yeah I remember them."

-FLASHBACK-

"Kourin-chan! Look!" Aichi pointed at one of the cat with a grey fur.

Kourin looked at it and carried it, the cat then purred and licked Kourin's cheek. Kourin got surprised. All of a sudden they heard a click.

"That was so cute," Aichi said as he looked at his phone with a silly grin.

"You idiot! Aichi you took a photo of me?!" Kourin scolded.

Aichi chuckled and then put his phone back to his pocket. "Sorry, I couldn't help it."

Kourin frowned and then pats the cat's head. "Why are you such an idiot, Aichi?"

"Because I am your idiot!"

"You two, this isn't a dating place. This is a cat place." Kai warned at them and glared, the couple looked at Kai and started to giggle.

Kai has all the cats surrounded on him, then one of the cats went on top of Kai's face and sat there, causing Kai to moan since he couldn't breathe.

"Kai-kun, are you okay?!" Aichi quickly went to Kai and took the cat off.

"Yes, and give me back my Misa." Kai replied and glared at the blunette, Aichi gave Misa to Kai back.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"I can't believe Aichi would print a picture of me." Kourin stated and sighed.

"That's how Aichi is, if he likes something. He'll do anything to it." Kai told Kourin, "Just like him being so dedicated to you."

"Yeah, he's so dedicated. I just hope he still looks after himself." Kourin replied.

Kai then looked at the clock, "By the way I need to go. And if you get discharged, visit my cats too."

"Of course, Kai. I'll go there."

Kai then walked out, before he left he looked at Kourin who was smiling as she stared at the picture. Kai can only smile as he think she would be okay these days, he wants his friends to be together after all.

-

END OF CHAPTER 27

A/N: Kind of a weird chapter, Kai is just talking to Kourin and nothing happens. I just want you guys to calm down, because next chapter is the start of the new school year and things might happen. Talk about calm before the storm. Also, Kai as a cat person never fails to amuse me. Haha.