Headcanon 1

Annabeth POV

I sighed and looked at my watch. 30 minutes later. 30 minutes. Why do I stay with him? I filled with my bracelets. I looked around the restaurant. People were giving me apologetic looks knowing how I felt. Only if they did. I was currently sitting in a restaurant's waiting for my boyfriend, Max, to get his ass here. This isn't the first time he did this. The waitress came over and asked, "Are you ready to order?" I shook my head. "A few more minutes. The waitress smiled at me but it was more of a 'Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, here take my pity' look. Then she walked over to the counter. I sighed and checked my watch again. I looked around. I was just about to get up and go when a boy, about my age with dark black shaggy hair and sea green eyes sat down, across from me. "Sorry, I'm so late, babe, traffic was crazy." He said loud enough for everyone nearby to hear. Then he leaned in and whispered, "I'm Percy, Just go with it, okay? Whoever didn't bother to show up is a shithead." I nodded and whispered, "Thanks. I'm Annabeth." He gave me a pearly white smile. "So, what do you want to eat?" He asked in a normal voice. "Uh, a cheeseburger with a side fries?" "Do you like Diet Coke?" He asked. I shook my head yes. Then he signaled for the waitress to come over. "Can I take your order?" "Uh, yeah, you can. Can we have 2 medium Diet Coke, and 2 order of a cheeseburger and a side of fries?" He asked. "Sure, I'll be right back with your meal." She said, then she turned and went to go tell the cook our order. "Thanks again." I said to Percy. "No problem, Annabeth." He said, flashing me another grin. I smiled back at him. "So do you live around here?" I asked. "Yeah, I just moved here from California. My mom and I own a candy store a few blocks up." I smiled. "That's nice. What school do you go to?" "Uh, Goode high school, I believe." My mouth dropped open. "What?" He asked, sounding panicked. "That's my school!" I said. "No way, maybe we'll have some of the same classes." "Awesome." I said. Just then our waitress appeared and gave us our food. Percy and I continued to talk about our lives. I learned he has some friends here in New York. Frank, Nico, Will, Leo, Jason, and Grover, I think. I told him about my best friends, Reyna, Piper, Hazel, and Calypso. I found out that Percy is 16, and he loves the color blue. I liked the way he moved his hands when he talked. Plus he was super hot. Tall, tan and muscular. When we finished with our food, Percy walked me out. We were walking along St. Charles street when Percy said, "So, I had a really good time tonight." I smiled at him. "I did to." Percy looked kinda nervous. "Maybe you'd like to officially go out of a date next time?" He said. I bit my bottom lip and then smiled. "I'd love to." And that sentence made Percy smile from ear to ear.