Round 3 - Monster in the Castle!

With the first task successfully out of the way, you think you're prepared for whatever comes next. Unfortunately, the tasks can only get harder from here. You approach the second task knowing just as much as the first - nothing.

The second task takes place in the Quidditch pitch, in front of all the prying eyes of the Hogwarts students and faculty. Not to mention all the parents who have shown up to watch the events.

And you'll also be performing this task alone, instead of in a group. You anxiously await the task, wondering what it could be.

The Headmaster enters the competitor's tent, holding a bowl with slips of paper inside. He tells you that each of those slips of paper holds the name of a creature you'll be facing in the arena they've constructed in the pitch. Nervous, you take a slip of paper as the bowl is passed around, waiting to see what creature you've picked to battle.

Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw #1 will face a boggart.

Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw #2 will face a dementor.

Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw #3 will face sphinxes

Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw #4 will face blast-ended skrewts.

YOUR TASK:

-Describe how your character feels about the creature they've picked.

-How does your character face the creature?

-Have fun and be creative!

-There is no entry length limit.

-Please attach a word count with your entry.

Send entries via EMAIL writergirl3372(at)live.com with the subject line CHARACTER NAME - ROUND 3

Entries are due SATURDAY, JULY 1st by MIDNIGHT of CENTRAL TIME. Any entries submitted after then will not count.