03. by the light of the moon

"... told you to play nice"

"And you know I never do what I'm told. Relax, she's fine"

"You know that was a dick move, even for you"

"I thought it was funny but you get so emotional around her, she's such a buzz kill"

I recognize Katherine's voice almost immediately and as I regain full consciousness, my brain begins to try to recognize the other one, but I can't, so I just focus on it instead. It's appealing, his voice is appealing, like you wouldn't mind hearing him talk for hours just to listen to the silvery sound.

"Do you remember those good old times, when I just get bored and kill you for the fun of it?" Katherine doesn't answers anything to this by which I figured it meant she did remember "Oh hey, me too."

I thought about opening my eyes but the strange voice inside my head begins to send out warnings. Instead, I decide on remembering what had happened and figure out where was I now.

All I remembered was being in a bar waiting for Emma and then... Katherine Pierce appeared and tried to kill me? No. She tried to talk to me. A few images about what had happened begin to come back to me slowly but the memories were beginning to become too foggy.

The last thing I could recall was kneeling on the floor until everything went black. And now I was in some sort of bed? No, it wasn't a bed. It was more like a couch, a back seat to be exact. We're moving. Fear begins to invade my thoughts as I realize, I'm in a car.

I try to remain as calm as I can, still with my eyes shut, thinking about what to do next. Katherine and the creep she was talking with at the bar, had kidnapped me and now we were probably going to Mystic Falls so they could get their revenge by killing me in front of my family and friends.

We're probably going to Mystic Falls. I can't go back there. I need to leave Mystic Falls behind. The fact that I am most scared of going back to Mystic Falls than the actual reason why I might be going back for, was just ridiculous. I shake the thought out of my head and begin to evaluate any possibilities I have of escaping, but in order to do that, I know I have to open my eyes if I want to succeed. Only I get caught up in the argument Katherine was having with him before I can do anything else.

"Did you just forget that I'm the only one who can help you? And the only reason why you're even able to be here in the first place?" she asked ironically and he didn't say anything to her "Didn't think so"

"Funny you should ask, here I thought you were forgetting that I'm also the only one that can help you, as well as the reason why you're here." he said with the same tone of irony she had "You're forgetting about a lot of things lately Katherine. What's that? Didn't think so"

A chuckle escapes my lips before I can even think about stopping it, for a sweet second I had completely forgotten I was in the back seat of a car kidnapped by one confirmed and one possible serial killer on my way to my death. But it's the same subconscious voice that allows me to laugh at their bickering, it amuses me and I genuinely find it funny which is completely messed up.

"And she's awake. You know, listening to other people's conversations is not polite" said Katherine and this time I do open my eyes just to roll them at her, wondering how could I forget about how annoying she was.

The first thing I lay my eyes on is her, sitting in the passenger seat too focused with her own reflection in the mirror to even bother to look at me. Then I notice we're in what appears to be a RangeRover, and I only know this because Emma has almost the exact same car back in London. I move a little and realize I'm laying on my side, while my head is resting on what it feels like a pillow but it's way too flat to be a pillow.