24. chasing the devil's tail

warning; the originals s4 spoilers ahead.

"Maddie" Bonnie's voice makes me snap out of whatever trance I was in and I quickly open my eyes, gasping abruptly as a reflex. My eyes meeting Dorian's and Sam's, who were kneeling next to me,as they stared at me worriedly "Maddie?" I heard Bonnie's voice once again and I frowned confused, once I noticed I was lying on the floor. I tried to stand up but both Dorian and Sam, insisted on helping me get back up on my feet "Maddie?" Bonnie called out my name a third time, and I looked up at her, her voice laced with the same amount of concern as her expression.

"You okay?" Dorian asked and I nodded quickly.

"You scared the crap out of us" Sam sighed relieved, raising a tissue up to nose and I backed away, confused by her action until I felt the hot liquid coming out my nose.

"Thanks" I clipped quickly, taking the tissue and wiping the blood off.

"What happened?" Dorian asked confused and I stared at Bonnie, who shook her head discretely.

"I'm sorry, I haven't eaten anything since lunch yesterday... with everything that happened, I must've forgotten" I lied as I kept removing the blood off my face.

"But your nose" Sam pointed out and Dorian squeezed his eyes at me suspiciously.

"Oh, it's nothing, you should've seen me when I was little, I used to get nose bleeds every day, now thankfully it's just once in a while when I'm feeling weak" I explained and Dorian shook his head.

"I think last night's spell must've drained you, everyone involved got affected by it, we assumed that you were on the clear since you're human but I guess we were wrong" he said and Sam nodded in agreement.

"We should tell Ric" she said quickly and Bonnie gave me a dissaproving look.

"Don't, I'm sure it's nothing" I said, giving them a smile, hoping they would drop the subject "besides there's more important stuff to worry about"

They both exchanged looks, looking hesitant "I feel like we should tell him, in case you're not okay" Dorian said afterwards and I shook my head.

"Let's make a deal, I'll drop by Elena's place later and tell her to do a quick check on me and I'll get something to eat after I leave here" I proposed and they exchanged looks once again.

"I can get you something to eat, burger and a milkshake, with a water on the side, right?" Sam asked, and Dorian shook his head "That was a guess, not because I know–" but she cut herself off, walking out the door.

"Sorry, she means well though" Dorian apologized, but I knew this was not the time to comment about them spying on me.

"It's fine, don't worry, hey can I trouble you with some water right now?" I asked nicely and he gave me a nod.

"Water coming up, I'll be right back" he said giving us a smile before heading out and I looked back at Bonnie as soon as he closed the door behind him.

"Was that...?" I began but Bonnie looked up at the corner of the room, and I followed her gaze, staring back at her as soon as I saw the camera.

"You should sit" she said making some room, so I could sit next to her on the bed.

"Bonnie... about last night–" I said sitting down, hoping she would interrupt me because I wasn't even sure of how to bring up the subject without disclosing what I figured she was keeping a secret.

"I know everyone thinks I'm crazy but I know what I saw, it was Enzo" she cut me off, just as I expected "He's alive"

"I believe you"