23. along comes hope

warning; the originals s4 spoilers ahead.

"I don't..." I mustered confused, trying to figure out where I was from my surroundings "how did I get here?"

"Maddie, it's okay, you're okay" Bonnie spoke up from the front seat of the car, staring at me through the rearview mirror.

"no... Alex..." I mumbled hesitantly, feeling fuzzy from the meds "the armory"

"It's okay, you're safe now" Bonnie reassured me once again but I shook my head, as the same thought that ran through my head everyday for the past few months comes back to me.

"The key! Did she find it?" I asked, without noticing the tone of desperation in my voice "Did she find the key?!"

"What key?" asked Damon from the driver's seat and my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach. I had to go back, without the key... it would've all been for nothing.

"We have to go back,"

"Go back? Are you insane? They were going to kill you" Damon said, giving me a disapproving look.

"No, Damon, you don't understand–"

"Look, I know having people poking your brain can be kinda fun but trust me on this, you do not wanna go back there" he interjected me, and I knew I needed to find another way to reason with him.

"If we don't go back, I'm as good as dead" I said hoping he would at least consider hearing me out and it's enough to make them exchange looks.

Damon stopped the car, giving Bonnie a nod and I was bout to thank him until he began to get out of the car "I think little Mads can take it from here"

"Maybe we should wait until she's better" Bonnie suggested him, but Damon shook his head in disagreement, both seeming equally uninterested on letting me know what was happening.

"Why are you two talking as if I'm not here?!" I asked, beginning to feel annoyed by their behaviour but they still continued to ignore me.

"nothing a good ol' compulsion can't fix" Damon said jokingly, gaining a disapproving look from Bonnie.

"What? No! Damon, You're not going to–"

"Relax, no one's doing anything" Damon interrupted me, glancing back at me and Bonnie got out of the car "now, why don't we all go outside and have a nice heart to heart, sound good?"

I sighed defeatedly and followed Damon outside of the car, we were in the middle of a road leading god knows where and both of them seem have any intention of going back to the armory, which meant I had no other choice but to make my own luck but what I didn't expect was them surrounding me against the car and my heart began racing as I began to worry.

I knew there was no way I could convince someone as stubborn as Damon, all I could was hope Bonnie would at least hear me out, it's not like I had a choice anyway, everything depended on this "Bonnie, please, we have to go back, I have to take the clavis  from Alex or–"

"Didn't know we were adding stuff to the list of things we're not gonna do, but that's a very good point" Damon cut me off and I tried to talk again but he continued "what we will do, is get you the hell outta dodge"