36. house of the rising son

(tw: the first section in this chapter contains a little bit of explicit content)

I was woken up by the sudden breeze of cold air that had rapidly started to embrace my skin like a second layer, forcing me to slip out of whatever dream I was having. The almost icy breath of wind making me feel too uncomfortable to try ignore it or to go back to sleep, and I frowned, once I realized there was no blanket covering the upper half of my body, only Kai's arms wrapped around me as I laid on his chest.

Both my head and hand were resting at the level of his heart, allowing me to feel his steady heartbeat, beating against my cheek and the palm of my hand. The soft and rhythmic movements unintentionally taking away some of the discomfort. Our legs were somewhat tangled with each other and I could feel the warm fabric of the blanket that seemed to be laying past my waist, covering both of us.

I remembered him pulling me into his chest, not long after I'd started to fall asleep. I also remembered trying to stay awake for as long as I could, the motivation of not letting our perfect night together come to an end giving me enough strength to stay up for a few hours, in which I did recall a lot kissing... and touching... and talking but eventually, I'd succumbed into the unbeatable tiredness our chaotic day had brought upon me. Still unwilling to the let the cold ruin our current embrace, I kept my eyes closed for a little longer, focusing on our synced breathing, the steady and low movements of his chest rising up and down almost lulling me back to sleep.

I opened my eyes after a while, noticing the fire was almost all out, now I knew why the room had gradually gotten much colder. The lack of sunlight that I'd figured would be filtering in through the windows by now, throwing me off for a few seconds, and I raised my head up slowly, trying not to to wake Kai but I couldn't stop myself from smiling in awe, as soon as I saw him, deep in his sleep. His relaxed features only making him seem more of an angel and I slowly removed my hand from under his, freeing myself from his embrace as quietly and stealthy as I could, so I wouldn't disturb his sleep. Once I was free, I moved the blanket further up to keep him from getting cold in my absence and I made my way towards the kitchen, the sight of a tender violet and yellowish sky making me realize the sun wasn't even out yet.

I headed straight to the coffee maker as soon as I spotted it on the kitchen counter, the cool air piercing through my skin, making me cross my arms over my chest as a reflex. I was still very naked in a very cold room, so the shivers weren't going to get any better and I was about to head back to the living room to grab a blanket after popping in a coffee pod on the coffee machine, when I felt Kai's warm chest suddenly pressing against my back as he embraced me from behind and he started to place soft kisses all over my neck. The touch of his soft lips against my skin, instantly drawing a smile on mine "I wanted to surprise you with coffee" I said lightly and he hummed.

"It was getting lonely" he said playfully, chuckling against my skin and he kissed my cheek afterwards.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked, meeting his gaze for the first time and he shook his head slightly, leaning in the extra inch to make our lips touch.

The tender kiss quickly turning into a more passionate and lustful one "Someone's up" I teased him playfully, as soon as I felt his hardened bulge against my bum and he suppressed a smirk, breaking the kiss.

"What can I say, you always give me morning wood" he said cockily and I chuckled, turning around so I could bring our lips together one more time and he held me tighter, the feeling of his warm chest pressed against mine, making it almost impossible to let go but he suddenly started to pull away "here" he said breaking the embrace and I followed him back to the living room, where he opened his bag and took out a white sweater, stepping in front of me afterwards.