The Morning After

Nick

I laid in my hotel bed, thinking about what just happened a few hours earlier. Demi & I had sex. Demi & I had amazing sex. I finally had sex with Demi Lovato. I had fantasized about that a million times over the years. Ever since I first saw her in her bathing suit on the set of Camp Rock. I never thought of her as hot until then. I thought she was cute the moment I laid eyes on her, but then she became my friend. My best friend. I just slept with my best friend. And I have a girlfriend. What the hell was I thinking? Oh yea, I wasn't. Well, not with my brain anyway. I felt a little guilty because Olivia had been cheated on before & I never wanted to cause that kind of pain for her again. This is why she could never find out. This is why no one could find out. Demi & I wanted to be together. I knew this. We discussed it, briefly, before I left her hotel room. Demi said she didn't love Wilmer the same way she loved me. I had to agree. I loved Olivia, but once I made love to Demi, I realized my feelings for Demi went deeper than friendship. I realized as I looked into her eyes, while we were connecting in the most intimate way possible, that I was in love with her. I don't know how long I had been in love with her, but I knew it, with every cell in my body.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my phone notifying me of a text. I picked it up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I looked at the screen & saw I had a text from Demi. My heart started racing. Now, just seeing anything, regarding her, made me sweat, then smile. I felt goosebumps all over my body thinking of being with her last night. God, it was amazing. It felt so right. It didn't feel dirty, even though we were both cheating. Now, I felt like I had been cheating on Demi with Olivia. Olivia. Jesus. I couldn't dump her right now. She'd know for sure it was because I had something going on with Demi. And Wilmer. Demi didn't want to hurt him. He has been there for her for years now, helping her through her recovery as her friend & then as a boyfriend.

I shook my head, trying not to think about what I was doing to Olivia. She was a great girl, but she deserved someone who could love her. Truly love her. I looked down at my phone to finally read the text from Demi. "First show tonight!! AAAAAHHHHHH! YOU ARE AMAZING JONAS!" I smiled, letting out a small laugh under my breath. I typed back, "You're gonna be amazing. Just like last night. ;) " I added a few emojis & hit send.

I heard a knock on my door a few minutes later. I got up & grabbed a pair of Nike shorts to slip on as I made my way to the door. I looked through the peephole & I my heart rate quickened, when i saw Demi's gorgeous smile & pink hair. Okay, I didn't love the pink hair, but I was so in love with her, that I didn't care. Maybe after the Neon Lights tour was over she would make it a normal color again. I yanked open the door, startling her a little.

Demi pushed passed me & came into my room. "Good morning." She said as she turned to me. I closed the door & grinned at her. Once the door was shut, completely, Demi ran into my arms. I held her, as our lips came together in eagerness. I wanted to make love to her again, but I didn't want to push it.

Demi sighed, pulling her lips from mine, her arms around my neck. "Are we really doing this?"

I tilted my head back to look at her, my eyes narrowed. "I want to. Do you?"

Demi nodded her head, excitedly. "I have never felt so sure about something in my entire life."

I kissed Demi's lips again. "Me neither." My phone started ringing as it sat on the bed. By the Emin "Amor," ring tone, I knew it was Olivia, calling.

Demi stuck out her lip. "You gonna get it?"

"No. I'll call her back."

"Are you going to break up with her soon?" Demi asked, eyeing me from under her lashes.

"I thought we decided it wouldn't be a good idea right now. I'll keep seeing her until at least your U.S. tour is over, then I'll figure out a reason to break up with her."

"Keep seeing her as in keep sleeping with her...." Demi was full on pouting now, her eyes averted to my chest, where her hand rested. I put my hand over hers, my finger playing with the ring she wore on her finger that matched the one that Wilmer wore. Her eyes looked up at me & I lifted my eyebrow. She sighed. "I know. I don't want to hurt Wilmer yet either. I need to let him down, gently."

"Are you going to be okay with all of this? Maybe we should cool things down until after we actually break up with them?" I suggested.

Demi's eyes stared into mine as she gnawed on her lip. "Maybe we should."

I rubbed Demi's arms, gently. "If that's what you want."

Demi nodded, glancing toward the ceiling. She took a step back, then took my hands in hers. Our eyes locked & I held my breath. "It's probably the best thing to do." She said in a tiny, unsure voice.

I finally started to breathe again. "Yea, probably." I squeezed her hands, then let go of them. "I guess I'll see you at rehearsal."

Demi smiled & my heart ached. "Yes, you will." She winked at me, then turned & I watched her ass as she left the room, glancing at me before she closed the door behind her.

I was a little disappointed, but it was probably the best thing to do, right now. We didn't want to be selfish & possibly hurt someone we cared about. We didn't want to toss our careers to the wolves if this scandal got out. I sighed as I walked to my bed to get my phone so I could call, Olivia. My girlfriend.