Grand Finale (FINAL CHAPTER)

Nick 

I looked out at the audience, taking in the sounds & the sights. I missed this so badly. I missed the roar of the crowd & the high it gave me. I smiled, holding the microphone to my mouth. "I wanted to say how amazing it has been to join Demi on this tour & to help create it. I have had so much fun & to get to do this with my best friend makes it even better. Thank you to all of you for enjoying the show & supporting Demi the way you have. Demi has the most amazing fans...." I had to stop talking since the crowd was screaming so loudly. "I am proud to be among you." I glanced at Demi. "I, in fact, am a Lovatic." I grinned at Demi, who was almost laughing. "Okay, let's do 'Catch Me.'" I looked over Demi's shoulder to motion for one of the crew guys to bring me a guitar. I caught a glimpse of Demi's face, looking a little disappointed.

After Demi & I finished the song, I hugged her, whispering in her ear, "I love you." I went to the side of the stage to finish watching her set. I had a little something up my sleeve as a grand finale, for her encore. When she came offstage before her encore, I was standing there, waiting. She smiled at me as she started shedding clothes to put something else on.

"Do you care if I play the piano for 'Skyscraper?'" I asked her.

Demi looked at me, a soft, confused expression on her face. "Seriously?"

I nodded. "Yea. Please? I really want to."

Demi brushed the hair from her face as her stylist put her long black gown over her. "You're leaving after tonight aren't you?" She asked, her voice cracking a little.

I just looked at her, my expression soft, shaking my head, slightly. "Can I please?"

"I guess. You better get out there. The video is about to start."

I gave her a genuine smile before I turned & took my place at the piano, in the dark. When it was time, I started playing 'Skyscraper.' Demi came out a moment later, from the shadows, walking passed the riser that the piano was perched on. I watched her silhouette, wanting to reach out & touch her. She was so beautiful. When she started singing, my heart surged in my chest. God, I love her. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms after her show. I listened, while I played, as Demi sang her heart out. As she finished on a hauntingly quiet note, I watched her bow her head. Normally, the band would start playing 'Give Your Heart a Break,' but I had given them all instructions for tonight. Demi lifted her head in confusion, looking around at her band, who wasn't playing, but she expected them to. I decided to put her out of her misery.

"Hey Demi?" I asked, playing the piano, as quietly as I could.

Demi turned around to stare at me. She looked so confused, I couldn't help but to laugh. "Yes, Nick?" She said into the microphone, sounding cautious, as the crowd quieted a little.

"Can you join me by the piano, please?"

Demi's guitarist, Mike, helped her up the steps to stand next to the piano. She was looking around at her audience, a puzzled look on her face. I smiled when she leaned one hand on the piano & crossed one ankle over the other as if she were, impatiently, waiting for me to speak. "I'm at the piano. Do I get to sing my song now?" She asked, chuckling, sarcastically.

"Do you care if I do a song?" I asked, locking my gaze with hers. The audience went crazy again, making Demi laugh & shake her head as she looked at the floor.

"Do I have a choice?"

I shook my head, then cleared my throat. "Can I speak candidly to you guys for a moment?" I asked, turning my face toward the crowd. They responded with a roar of enthusiasm. Demi's mouth hung open a little as she watched her fans. She rolled her eyes & smiled at me.