Wishes do come true

Demi 

I stared, endlessly, at the photos of Nick & Olivia in Hawaii. It was actually becoming an obsession. It was making me feel better. The pictures backed up what Nick told me. I could see Nick wasn't smiling or watching Olivia like he was in love with her. You could clearly see it was Olivia reaching for his hand to hold & he was hesitant. You could clearly see her over exaggerated laugh. The grabbing the ass photo could be explained away like Nick had said, because you couldn't really tell if his hand was going to go to her ass. It made me feel better the more photos I looked at, because they solidified Nick's story. At least for me. All of twitter & the other media sites talked about the "romantic getaway" with Nick & his girlfriend, Olivia. They talked about how cozy they looked. Not sure which photos they were looking at, but I wasn't seeing cozy. I also stared at the photos of Nick training with a mixed martial arts trainer, Egan. Damn, he looked hot.

I was so relieved when Nick left Hawaii, even though he wasn't coming to see me on tour. I was getting ready to head out onstage in Missouri & Nick was in Las Vegas ,for a poker tournament. I was a little annoyed with the fact that Olivia's dad & uncle were also in Vegas, but Nick had gotten close to her family & he really liked Olivia's dad & probably wanted to keep the peace. I was hoping he'd come see me on tour, but he had to do this, for charity, in Vegas. He wasn't talking too much when I asked when I'd see him next. That made me a little sad, to be honest.

I leaned against the wall in the hallway of the Chaifetz arena, waiting for my cue to take the stage. I sent out a tweet, "Wishing you were here..." I put a heart & a broken heart emoji. I hoped Nick knew I was talking about him. I handed Natalie my phone & took the stage. When I finished my show a few hours later, Natalie handed me my phone & I saw I had a few texts. I had two from Nick. The first one he sent was only minutes after my tweet, "Miss you so much. Wish I was there, too." I smiled, then read the next one, which made me want to burst into tears, "I'm so in love with you & I can't wait to be with you again. You can't imagine how badly I miss u right now." I covered my mouth, afraid I'd let out a sob in front of everyone as I headed to the dressing room.

The next day, as I headed to my next destination, Nick called me. "Hi, Babe." I answered the phone. My body was overcome with excitement as I waited for Nick to speak.

"Hey." Was Nick's response. He sounded upset & my heart sank in my chest. "Are you busy?"

I clicked my tongue as if that mattered to me. I wanted to talk to him. "No, not at all. What's wrong? You sound upset."

"I'm not going to be able to make it to any more U.S. dates." Nick's voice was quiet, clearly upset.

I tried not to cry. "Why not?"

"It's just not going to work with my schedule. I guess I'll just see you when you get back to L.A." Nick sighed. "Olivia's publicist is making a statement today. I'll probably let mine make one, too. I want to see what she says first."

"You're announcing your break up?" I asked, still upset that Nick wasn't coming to see me anytime soon.

"Yea. I kind of want to tell everyone it was for publicity toward the end of our relationship, but I think Olivia would get pissed off." Nick sounded irritated.

"Probably." I didn't have much else to say.

"Okay, I have to get off here. I miss you. I don't know when I'll be able to talk to you again, but know that I love you."

"Love you, too." I replied before I hung up. I laid down on the bed in my bus, fighting tears. I missed Nick so much. I ended up falling asleep & a few hours later, woke up & when I got online, I saw the big news. I read it & I couldn't help but to smile.

"Nick Jonas & former Miss Universe, Olivia Culpo have split, after a romantic getaway in Hawaii. Reps for both say the pair will remain friends. The couple always seemed so enamored with each other, so many are left asking why? I guess we'll never know the real reason, but many of us here at ENews think maybe Nick's friendship with BFF, Demi Lovato, was too much for Miss Culpo to take. We wish them both well."

Of course, I had to be mentioned. But I didn't care. I was at the point that I didn't give a fuck about what the world thought anymore. It's too much stress worrying about that shit all the time. Oh well, I was going on about my business.

I didn't talk to Nick, but he would send me a few texts here & there. I had no idea what he was busy with, but it seemed like things were hectic for him. I was in Michigan for my show in Grand Rapids & right before we headed to the stage, my team was acting weird. I was getting strange looks. I was catching them whispering & giggling. They had a prank or something planned. They think I don't know them.

I came backstage to change in the middle of my set, then headed back to the stage to sing "Here We Go Again." As I was in the middle of my song, I heard someone join in on the singing & I turned around, confused. I was shocked when I saw Nick walking down the ramp & I couldn't hear anything because the crowd went nuts. I just stared, my mouth hanging open as Nick sang the second verse of my song, a sly smile on his face. I wanted to run to him & hug him. He just announced his breakup so that wouldn't be a good idea. I was able to join in the song again during the last few lines. As the song ended, Nick came over to hug me. He wasn't even carrying a guitar. This was weird to see.

"Guys, I had no idea Nick was joining me tonight. I'm just as surprised as you are." I said into the microphone to my audience. I was laughing, almost nervously.

"I was in the neighborhood." Nick smirked at the crowd who responded with screams. He looked over at me, making my knees weak & my heart skip a beat. Was he really here? Was I dreaming? "Can we stop the world?" He asked me, a glimmer in his eye.

"Sure." I smiled, my tongue between my teeth as I started strumming the first few chords of 'Stop the World.' Nick & I sang our song just as we had all the other nights together. When the song ended, Nick turned to me & smiled.

"Mind if I say something before we do another song?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders & shook my head. The crowd went nuts. What was he going to say? He never said much during our performances before. What did he have to get off his chest? I saw a flicker of something in his eyes, that made me a little afraid. My heart was pounding in my chest as I watched Nick scan his gaze out over the crowd. He looked a little sad. Or was that fear? Was he going to tell everyone it was his last night on this tour? Oh my God, waiting for him to speak was agony.