Making a statement

Demi 

After I told Nick to leave, I didn't respond to his texts for a few days. They came less frequently so I knew he was with Olivia. I tried not to think about it or it would make me crazy. On March 4, I snapped a little. I saw on twitter a photo of Nick at Runyon canyon with Olivia & a bunch of her friends & family. I told him I didn't want the PDNJ but yet here it was. It broke my heart to see he was with them & not breaking up with her. I had a strong reaction, in fact. I had my stylist shave one side of my head, not a big spot, just a little spot above my ear. It looked cool & made me feel better, knowing it would get Nick's attention & annoy him. He had begged me not to shave my head so I wanted to make him sweat a little now. I sent out a photo of my hair & the razor & it was only about fifteen minutes later that my phone was ringing. It was Nick & I literally laughed out loud when I answered.

"What did you do?" He asked, sounding annoyed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, still chuckling.

"Demi. I saw the pic you posted. You shaved your head? What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me." I was pissed now. "I'm just not a plain Jane, Miss goody two shoes. Clearly, seeing how much fun you are having hiking with her & her fake ass friends, that is what you want. So don't let me keep you from having fun with your girlfriend." I about choked on that word as tears were in my eyes before I could stop them.

"You don't even know her friends. You sound so bitter right now & that is so not you. You don't cut people down. Why are you saying those things?" Nick was keeping his voice low. She was probably nearby & I was feeling that betrayal in my heart right now.

"You don't know why? I'm hurt, Nick. I don't see you distancing yourself from her. You're hanging out with her like she's the one you want to be with for the rest of your life. You're not convincing me that you will break up with her anytime soon." I was crying hard now. Dammit. I didn't want to do this.

"Jesus. I told you I have to find a good time. I don't want it to backfire on me or you. It will happen."

"When?" I screamed into the phone.

Nick stammered. "I... I... don't.... I don't know exactly."

"That's what I thought. Well, if it's not before my show in Jersey on Friday, don't bother coming back to the tour." I sniffed my tears away. I was angry now. "I have a feeling you would rather stay with Olivia anyway since she has a head full of hair all one length & all one boring ass color!" I was glad I was on the bus right now & that I was alone. "You don't want edgy. You want normal & camera ready. Well that ain't me. I sometimes do drastic things. I don't always think before I do things. I shave my head. I color my hair to fit my mood or a time in my life. I flip off the camera. I make funny faces. I watch Mixed Martial Arts. Sorry to disappoint."

"So you shaved your head to make a statement, huh? You wanted to say in your face to me since you're mad that I haven't dumped my girlfriend yet. You shaved your head to spite me since I begged you not to. You're making a statement about how much different you are than Olivia? I already knew that. You didn't need to shave your head."

"Yes, I shaved my head because I am making a statement. I'm making lots of statements. The biggest statement is that I don't give a fuck anymore." I was speaking through my teeth right now. "Stay tuned... Nick, my next statement will be for you." I pressed end on my phone & tossed it on the chair. I freshened up in my hotel room a few minutes later & took a selfie of myself with my new hair & captioned it with "IDGAF" & sent it out.

A few minutes later, Nick sent me a text, "I hope you give a little bit of a fuck. Hair looks hot. Looking like a badass" A few moments later he texted, "Doesn't change how I feel about you." He ended it with a ton of heart emojis. It made me smile, but I was still mad. I ignored his text & kept ignoring him, wondering if he'd come to my New Jersey show. I wanted him to but if he didn't break up with Olivia then I didn't even want to see him.

I had a day off before my Jersey show & I was spending it with my family who was traveling a lot with me on this tour, thankfully. I enjoyed a day, sleeping in with my little sister. On Friday morning, I got on a plane to New Jersey. I was getting ready for sound check, when there was a knock on my dressing room door. It opened a moment later & Nick poked his head in, making my toes curl in my shoes. He gave me a sheepish smile as he stepped in the room & closed the door. He kept his hand on the doorknob as he watched me.

"I broke up with Olivia last night & told her she had a few days while I was on tour with you to get her stuff out of the house." Nick said, his eyes never leaving my face.

My whole body got excited hearing these words come from Nick's mouth, finally. I could almost feel the relief come over me. I stood up, slowly, wanting to be sure he really said this. "What does this mean?"

Nick flashed me a sexy, seductive grin as he flipped the lock on the door. "It means I am free to make love to you & your shaved head." He ran his hand on the side of his head, showing me a cocky smile as he strolled, confidently toward me. "I even shaved the sides of my head to show my support."

I smiled so big when he got close enough for me to see that he had cut the sides of his hair a bit shorter & my insides quivered seeing his hair styled like he was Cary Grant in the 1950's. Nick grabbed me with force, yanking me hard to press us against each other. I gasped, feeling myself getting warm all over. I wanted him so bad. His mouth was less than an inch from mine & his eyes bore into mine with a heated passion. "You really broke up with her?" I asked, whispering, still afraid I had heard him wrong.

Nick nodded as he brought his lips to mine. My arms wrapped around him as he held me so tight. He was mine. Only mine. I couldn't shout it from the rooftops yet, but at least I knew we were committed to each other now. I was Nick Jonas' girlfriend & Nick Jonas was my boyfriend & this thought made me giddy. I was going to be dizzy with schoolgirl excitement onstage tonight. The rumors may start, but I really don't care.