Thanksgiving... I mean Valentine's day

Nick 

Demi's moaning woke me up early on Friday. She was shivering & looked miserable when I turned to face her. "Demi? You okay?" I asked, reaching out to stroke her hair.

"I'm sick." She groaned.

"Aww, baby, I'm sorry. What do you need?" I kissed her forehead. "Jeez, Demi, you're burning up."

"I think it's the flu. I feel achy all over & my throat hurts." Her voice was hoarse & sounded more sexy than it usually did. "Can you get me some Tylenol before you go?" She pleaded with her eyes.

"Sure." I got up & found some Tylenol & got Demi some water. I felt so guilty leaving her right now. She needed someone to take care of her. If she had to cancel tour dates she'd be pissed. "You going to be okay to perform tomorrow night?" I asked, sitting back on her bed.

Demi sat up. "I hope so. I'll take it easy today & stay in bed." I watched her take the pills, then lay back down.

"I do have to go. Olivia & I are leaving tonight. I haven't even packed." Demi rolled her eyes. "What do you need before I leave?"

"Box of tissues & some tea." Her smile was weak, but adorable.

I got up & made her tea & brought it to her, with a box of tissues. I sat both on her nightstand & stood next to the bed, looking down at her. Demi reached out for my hand & I squeezed hers in mine. "I'm going to miss you." I sighed. "I wish I could stay & take care of you." I sat on the bed, my bottom lip sticking out. I leaned down to kiss her goodbye.

Demi turned her head. "I don't want to get you sick."

"I'll drink a bottle of orange juice. Kiss me, please." I begged.

Demi sighed, wiped her lips, then let me kiss her softly. "Don't have too much fun." She said, sadly.

"Every minute I am gone, I hope you know I will be thinking about you." I kissed her again, lingering for a moment. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Text me later."

I left Demi's place & the car service took me home. Olivia was in the shower when I got home & when she came out & saw me, she was pissed. "Did you have fun?" She said in a snide tone.

"Yea. We had a good time." I answered, not looking at her.

"Where did you sleep?" Her hands were on her hips.

"Demi's. On a couch. Not comfortable at all. Didn't sleep much." I lied. I didn't sleep well because I was making love to Demi repeatedly, now feeling a little self conscious as Olivia glared at me.

"Guess you'll be sleeping on the plane." Olivia rolled her eyes, then sighed, loudly.

"I'm getting a shower." I said as I strolled passed her.

Olivia seemed angry as I packed my clothes, but she didn't say anything. She just stomped around the house, sighing every once in a while. She wanted me to ask her what was wrong, but I wasn't giving in to her. I didn't want to have this conversation. Shit. Then it hit me. It finally occurred to me as to why she might be mad. It was Valentine's day. Damn. I brought my bag downstairs & Olivia was in the kitchen, texting someone.

I couldn't stop thinking about Demi & how sick she was. I wished I could be there for her. I saw her tweet saying she was sick & it broke my heart. She had tweeted it minutes after I left her. I better acknowledge Olivia & the holiday. "Happy Thanksgiving, Beautiful." I said, coming up behind her.

"You, too, babe." She replied, barely looking up from her phone. After a moment, her head snapped up. "Thanksgiving?" She busted out laughing. I realized what I said to her & laughed too. I was so distracted thinking about Demi, I wished my girlfriend a happy Thanksgiving. Nice.

"I guess I'm hungry. I'm not thinking clearly." I chuckled. I kissed her lips. "Happy Valentine's day." I headed to the fridge to find something to eat.

"You, too." She stood up. "There isn't much to eat, babe. Let's go out & get something."

"Okay." I wasn't going to argue. Anything to get us out of the house so she didn't try to have sex with me on Valentine's day. We were leaving this evening for Punta Cana & the flight was almost eleven hours, so it was looking good, so far. I knew I'd have to have sex with her eventually, but I was going to put it off as long as possible.

I tweeted a Valentine message later that day before we headed to the airport & then Olivia tweeted about our conversation regarding Thanksgiving. It kind of pissed me off, but I didn't say anything. While we were waiting for our flight that evening, I got a text from Demi. I had been texting her on & off all day, keeping tabs on how she was feeling. She didn't respond all the time. Now her text was a little angry. "Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Does she think you only call her beautiful? Does she not realize you've called all your gfs that? And you have the song & that you sing to all your fans.... I think that tweet was meant for me. Just sayin."

I sighed. I really didn't want to get into something via texting. Olivia was in the restroom, so I called Demi, keeping my eyes watching out for Olivia to return.

"Yea?" She answered, still sounding hoarse.

"Don't be mad." I said.

"It was ridiculous, Nick. I mean why did she have to tweet that? To rub your relationship in everyone's faces? Seriously, I have no idea why you are even with her. She's like the polar opposite of me." Demi's voice was angry & annoyed.

"I won't be for much longer."

"Yea. I'll believe it when it happens. Have fun in Punta Cana."

"I know you don't feel good, but please don't let me get on a plane for half a day with you being upset with me. Her & I will be over as soon as I can make it happen without it looking like it was because of you." I was trying to be as quiet as I could so no one around me could hear.

I heard Demi sigh, then groan. "I wish I was going to Punta Cana with you." She whined.

"Me, too, Dems." I inhaled, slowly, then let my breath out. "Feel better. I'll text you tomorrow to see how you feel."

"Okay. I can't wait. I love you, Nick."

I saw Olivia come from the restroom, so I turned my head, so she couldn't read my lips. "I love you, Dems. See you soon." I hit end on my phone just as Olivia sat next to me.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"Just seeing how Demi was feeling." I figured I would tell her as much of the truth as I could.

"Oh that sucks she's sick. Is she better?" She didn't sound genuine right now so I was a little pissed. I took a deep breath.

"Not really. Hopefully, she's good to perform tomorrow."

Olivia didn't say anything else about Demi. I fell asleep on the plane, thankfully, with Olivia laying on my arm. I was highly annoyed, but what could I do? This is what she did. God, this was going to be difficult. This vacation was going to be anything but. At least I'd have some fun with my aunt & uncle & maybe hang out with Joe & Blanda, too. I was dreading having sex. I mean, who dreads having sex with Miss Universe? Oh yea, a guy who is head over heels in love with the pop Goddess who is Demi Lovato.