Bittersweet Symphony

Nick 

I was on a plane on my way to New York, so I could join Demi at her show in New Jersey. As I looked out at the clouds through the tiny window, I smiled, thinking I'd probably not be on this plane if I hadn't suggested lunch with my brother, Joe, yesterday.

Joe & I were sitting at a table, having our lunch, ignoring the stares that surrounded us anytime we ate anywhere together. "I wish you were coming with us to Mammoth tomorrow." Joe said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

I chuckled, quietly. "I might be able to now."

"I thought you were going to Jersey for Demi's show."

I sucked my bottom lip in, debating on whether I could tell Joe, my best friend, the one I trusted more than anyone else in the world. John knew & hadn't said anything to anyone. I looked around the restaurant to make sure no one could hear me. I inhaled, slowly, leaning in a little. "She doesn't want me to." I said, flatly.

Joe's face contorted with confusion. "Why wouldn't she want you to come to her show?"

I watched him, closely, still leaning on the table. Something made Joe lean over his plate toward me. He still looked confused. "Demi & I... um.... crossed a line." I said, just above a whisper.

Joe almost choked on his food as his eyes nearly popped out of his head. "What?" He whispered, loudly. He looked around, quickly, suddenly remembering where we were. "I mean what line?" I stared at him & he snickered. "Did you guys kiss? Have sex?" He was talking as low as he could. He pushed his plate away. "Are you finished? We need to get out of here so you can tell me what the hell happened."

I laughed, leaning back & taking a drink. "Yea, I'm done." I grabbed the check & went to pay it. I met Joe outside & we walked to my car. Blanda had dropped him off, so I was giving him a ride home. On the way, I explained to him everything that was going on with Demi. As we pulled into his driveway, Joe looked at me with a serious expression on his face.

"I think Olivia is really cool & she's a sweet girl, but she isn't who you want to be with. You have to break up with her & go to Demi." Joe shook his head. "I still can't believe it." He threw his head back to laugh loudly. "I could have called it. I thought you guys would end up together one day. I feel bad for Wil, though. He's a good guy."

"Yea. He'll be fine. Have you seen his hot co-star?" I let out a laugh. "How do I break up with a girl I have no issues with? What will be the reason?"

"Hmm." Joe rubbed his chin. "You could tell her you aren't feeling like your feelings are progressing. Like you think your feelings were more sexual desire & that you don't see a real future with her." Joe shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. You'll figure it out." He opened the car door. "You have to call me tonight & let me know how it goes." He got out & before he closed the door, said, "Good luck, bro. Have fun." I saw him smiling as he turned to walk into his house.

I sat at my kitchen counter, drinking a glass of wine, waiting for Olivia to get home. I held my breath when I heard the door open & then I exhaled when I heard her heels on the tile floor. "Hi, babe." Olivia sang as she came up behind me & kissed my cheek. "How was your day?" She went to the fridge & didn't even notice that I didn't answer her. "You packed for Jersey?" she asked, taking a drink of the bottle of water she got from the fridge. I nodded. "I was thinking of going with you & visiting the baby." She was smiling, barely looking at me.

I cleared my throat. "I need to talk to you." I was watching the wine in my glass as it trembled in my hands, not enough to notice unless you were staring at it like I was. Olivia came over to lean on the counter across from me, her head tilted, a smile on her face. "I'm sorry to do this to you especially when it would probably seem like it's out of the blue, but for me it's not. I've been feeling this way for a while. I've confused my feelings of lust for love." I sucked in my breath & looked up at her face to see her reaction. Her eyes were wide, almost vacant.

"Are you serious?" She asked, with no emotion. I nodded, a little scared now. Olivia stood up straight, still looking at me like someone possessed. "You don't love me?"

"I love you, but I'm not falling in love with you. I don't think I ever will. I can't picture a future with you." I would have to thank Joe for these words. "It's not fair to stay in this relationship if I feel this way. It's not fair to you. You deserve better, Liv. You're an amazing girl, but you're just not the one for me."

I thought for sure she would cry, but I never saw any tears. She was stunned. This made me realize I was doing the right thing. Maybe she had been into me for the fame. "Wow. I'm shocked right now." Olivia said, shaking her head. "I thought we had something good here." Olivia's voice was quiet & thoughtful.

"I'm sorry. I hope we can still be friends. Maybe one day, anyway. I'm leaving in the morning so you'll have a few days to clear your stuff out & find a new place to live."

Olivia blinked several times, nodding her head, slowly. "Yea. I think I'm going to go stay somewhere else tonight." She started walking toward the door. I was relieved hearing her leave. That went way too well.

I wasn't thinking of Olivia as I held Demi in my arms in her dressing room, backstage at the Izod Center in New Jersey. I was kissing her with so much passion, it was hard to contain myself. We made our way to the couch, her sitting on it & me leaning my weight to rest on my hand on the back of the couch. My other hand caressed Demi's skin on her neck & face as our kisses got more intense. Demi's hand fidgeted with my belt, then the button & zipper, finally making its way into my pants to grab my member that ached for her. I stopped kissing her to take my pants off. While I was doing that, she was taking off her pants before she laid down on the couch, watching me with lust in her eyes. I hovered over top of her, looking into her eyes with an adoration I've never had for any other woman. I bumped her clit with my hard cock, as her breathing became labored & she struggled to get me to enter her. I flashed her a wicked smile before I pressed my lips against hers again, this time letting my tongue tease her mouth as my cock teased her pussy. She moaned into my mouth, her hands holding onto my head. I was regretting the gel in my hair as well as the hair cut, now as Demi massaged my head, desperately wanting to grab my hair.

"I need you inside of me." Demi breathed in my ear once I started kissing her neck. I ignored her request, but continued to tease her by sliding my manhood up & down her wet slit. Demi's one hand started to head down south to grab my cock, but I grabbed her hand in mine & slammed it against the couch. My hardness was throbbing just inside her opening & she was wiggling her hips, begging me to push myself all the way into her. I smiled as I started sucking on her ear.

"I told you I'd still want to make love to you, even if you shaved your head." I murmured into her ear. I kissed the shaved part of her hair, then kissed below her ear. "I'm going to take my time." I looked into her eyes.

"My sound check starts in like fifteen minutes." She said, breathlessly, biting her lip.

I kissed her quick. "I guess I'll take my time later tonight." I chuckled as I watched her face while I slid myself deep inside her hole. She whimpered, tilting her head back in relief. I pushed into her, then pulled out, then pushed into her as far as I could go, making her whimper turn into a drawn out moan. After a few minutes of this, enjoying every groan that came from her mouth, my pace got quicker & we were peaking together moments later. We tried to be quiet, in case someone out in the hall could hear us when they came looking for Demi. We held onto each other in a tight embrace as we finished. I kissed her, once I caught my breath & pulled myself out of her. "I love you." I said in between kisses.

"I love you, too." She smiled as I climbed off of her. "I'm gonna have a hard time containing myself on stage tonight. I've never been so happy & I can't wait to start our life together." Demi stood up to pull her pants up.

"Tonight... we will sing as if no one else matters. Don't think about the world." I grinned at her as she giggled. She waited for me to fasten my pants, then kissed me again before she headed to her sound check. I watched her from the shadows, a proud smile on my face. God, I was so in love with her. The last 24 hours were bittersweet. I had to cause Olivia pain in order to have this immense pleasure with Demi. But it was totally worth it.