Happiness in Jeopardy

Demi 

I didn't care if it was written all over my face during my show in New Jersey, that I was in love with Nick. I knew people would speculate. They always do & I usually laugh it off, but now... it's true. I am in love with Nick Jonas. Right before we took the stage together, Nick had said into my ear, "If I step away from the mike to get your attention, that is me wanting you to pay attention to what I'm singing. It will be my secret message to you."

So when Nick did this right before he sang the line, "From falling more in love with you..." I felt butterflies in my stomach. I saw the smirk on his face because he missed the line before it, but I knew he had a message for me. And at that moment, I wanted to grab him & plant a kiss on him. It felt amazing to hear the crowd's reaction whenever Nick started to sing. I was so proud & felt good, knowing he was mine now. Even though the world didn't know he was no longer with Olivia, I knew. I knew his heart belonged to me & only me. I felt it when he hugged me tight before he left the stage & said, "I love you," into my ear. I had a shit eating grin on my face the rest of my show & every bit of it was because of Nick.

The next night in Connecticut wasn't any different. Except that I told Nick I loved him when I hugged him at the end. That went viral, but I didn't give a shit. I loved him. I loved him before we crossed the blurred line of friendship. I have loved him since 2007. My love changed & grew, but it was always there. I wasn't ashamed. I didn't care what people said. I would scream it from a rooftop that I loved Nick Jonas.

The night after my New Jersey show was amazing. Nick invited me to stay with him at Kevin's house, so I would get to meet Alena. I was thrilled that Alena was having a feeding when we got to Kevin's house in the middle of the night. Needless to say, Kevin was not expecting to see me.

"Demi?" Kevin responded when he saw me, his eyes wide & curious as he looked at Nick.

I hugged Kevin. "Nick thought I might be more comfortable here instead of the bus or hotel, especially since I'm coming down with a cold." I smiled up at Kevin after I let him go. "I hope that's okay." I bit my lip, sucking in my breath.

Kevin nodded, moving so we could step inside. "Yea, sure. It's fine. It's great to see you & now you can meet Alena."

"I'm so excited." I was practically jumping up & down. Nick & I followed Kevin into another room, I assumed was the family room. Dani was carrying Alena from another room, shaking a bottle as she walked. Dani looked surprised to see me as she greeted me with a warm smile.

"Hey... you." Her voice was a little hoarse, I figured since she had probably been asleep until Alena woke up. Dani sat in a rocking recliner & gave Alena the bottle. I tiptoed over to peak at the beautiful Alena Rose.

"Congrats you guys. She's exquisite." I whispered as I leaned over Dani to see the baby. I swear I felt my insides melt. I love babies. She looked so much like Kevin, I couldn't help but to think my own child, with Nick, could resemble her.

"Thank you." Dani replied in a soft voice. "Do you want to feed her?"

My eyes grew wide. "Oh my gosh, more than anything." I sat on the couch & let Dani hand her to me, then the bottle & I put it in her mouth. She really was perfect. I glanced up, smiling, to find Nick, who was huddled with Kevin in a serious conversation. He saw me watching him & he smiled, then joined me on the couch. Nick talked with Dani & Kevin while I stared at Alena as she ate. I didn't want to give her back, she was so precious.

"So I guess I can show you guys the guest rooms, upstairs. Come on." Kevin said as he yawned, once Dani went back to bed, taking Alena to her room. Kevin showed me my room & I said good night.