Distraction

Demi

I was sitting backstage waiting to do sound check for my San Jose show, giggling to myself, as I typed in my phone. Natalie nudged me. "What are you laughing at?" She asked.

"Nick's gonna kill me." I smiled at her.

"Why?" Natalie asked, sitting down on a stool beside me.

"The tweet I'm about to send out makes him look like a dumbass." I let out a loud chuckle.

Natalie laughed, too. "Why do you want to make him look like a dumbass?"

"Because I can. And because he thinks he's so cool sometimes, I need to remind him that he's no better than anyone else." I laughed again, a little more evil that time.

"Who's no better than anyone else?" Nick came around a corner, smirking. He leaned on the wall with his arms crossed, looking at me, smugly. He knew I was talking about him.

Natalie sucked in her breath. "Um, see you out there in ten minutes, Dem." She got up & walked away, leaving me grinning up at Nick, with my tongue between my teeth. I held my phone in my hand & I hit send for my tweet, giggling some more.

"Well?" Nick asked, his right eyebrow cocked the way I loved.

"Don't be mad." I said in my cutest voice ever.

Nick rolled his eyes. "Now when someone tells you not to be mad, it usually means I did something that you're going to be mad about."

I stood up & faced him. "Do you still get my tweets sent to your phone?" I asked, looking at him from under my lashes. I heard Nick's phone beep & I giggled. "I guess so."

Nick pulled his phone out of his pocket & checked it. After he read it for a minute, he looked at me, pursing his lips in an annoyed pout. "Really, Lovato?" He sighed, loudly. "Thanks. As if I don't get made fun of enough because of things I tweet myself, you have to add to it? I thought you were my friend." Nick looked down at his phone, a sad pout, now, adorning his mouth. I felt bad, suddenly.

I moved my body so I could be underneath his face. "It was just a funny story. I'm sorry, ba... Nick." I smiled at my almost slip, calling him 'baby.' His mouth twitched as he caught the slip, too.

Nick's eyes flashed to mine, fighting an urge to smile. "You will make it up to me later. You know that right?" He said, under his breath.

I clamped my upper teeth over my bottom lip, imagining all the ways I could make it up to him. "Of course." I answered, looking around to see who was around. I reached out & quickly tugged on the waistband of his jeans. Damn he looked hot as hell, in this tight tshirt, he was wearing. I had told him, after our Vancouver performance, that I wanted him to lose the jacket. I loved that he listened. Probably because I told him I wanted to see his rippling muscles as he played his guitar & belted out those high notes.

Nick looked around & leaned in closer to me, his hands shoved in his pockets, probably so he wasn't tempted to touch me. I could feel his warm breath on my face. "And in my defense, while I was being homeschooled, I had this distraction that prevented me from retaining some information." His voice was low & sexy & it sent tantalizing currents through my body.

My eyes stared into his, our faces only inches apart. It was a good thing we were always so comfortable with each other, that we sometimes were this close, so no one would think anything. Nick & I whispered to each other a lot, only now our secrets were a little on the seductive side. "Oh yea? What was this distraction?" I batted my lashes at him.

He moved an inch closer to me, glancing around, quickly. "Her name was...." Nick bent his head to whisper in my ear, making my lady parts tingle, "Demi." His lips brushed my skin, lightly as he pulled his face away from mine.

I swallowed, then saw someone walking toward us, so I started laughing loud, like he just said the funniest thing ever. Nick's eyes burned with desire as he watched me, a sexy ass smile on his face. I physically craved him right now. Like I wanted to kiss him so bad, my mouth was watering. Jesus, this was going to be a long sound check.

"DEMI!" Natalie was yelling. I jumped, turning toward her voice. "Come on! It's time."

I looked back at Nick. "You gonna watch my sound check?"

He licked his bottom lip, probably knowing how much it would drive me crazy. "If I'm not too distracted."

I grinned from ear to ear as I turned & headed to the stage, making sure I shook my ass as I walked away. I had taken off my flannel shirt & as I tied it around my waist, I was sure I jutted my ass out a bit for emphasis. Eat your heart out, Nick Jonas.