Chapter 17

Love.Comment.Fan.Vote if YOU enjoyed

---

Cherry clipped her client’s hair listening to most every woman talk about their kids, husbands, and homes. “How do you make that cinnamon pound cake? What’s your secret?” Cherry chuckled as Mrs. Lane gave Yasmine a wave of her hand.

,”Like hell I will tell you that.” Cherry reached over blowing her hair dry before oiling and styling it.  “Cherry you seem chirper today, that boy come crawling back to you? I knew he would.” Cherry’s smile slipped from her face at the mention of Cole.  ,”I guess not.” Cherry sprayed her hair with oil sheen.

”No.” Mrs. Lane stood patting her curls. “Well, whose making you smile like that dear?” Cherry felt a blush take over her cheeks. ,”No one. It’s too late anyway.”

Cherry reached over knocking the loose hair from the seat as Mrs. Lane handed her the usual 40.00 tip. “Listen to me dear. If he’s got you smiling like that I doubt it’s too late.” Cherry sat in the seat waiting for her lunch break to start in a couple minutes.

 ”He’s getting married in less in than 6months, and we just reunited as friends.” A frown tugged at Mrs. Lane’s lips. ,” Does he smile like that with you?” Cherry turned the chair to the mirror looking at herself ,”I don’t know, I’m scared he’s still the same person. He can smile for several different reasons.”

The door jingled as Cherry started  to clean her area off. “Well, if you can’t get him. You should go after the handsome man that just walked in.” Cherry heard Mrs. Lane whisper next to her. Cherry looked up to see Dante slowly striding in. He looked sexy dressed in a silver dress shirt and a black tie.

He also looked very distraught as he finally stopped in front of Cherry. ,”Cherry, can you cut my hair?” Cherry almost dropped into the floor. ,”Cut your hair? Why?” “Erica said it’s starting to get old, and she wants me to cut it and I’m tired of hearing her talk about it.” Cherry watched Dante drop into her chair. “Just hurry up and do it.”

Cherry gently took the ponytail holder out. “Dante..” Dante shook his head. , “Shhh.” Cherry gently ran her fingers through his soft locks. ,”Dante, you shouldn’t do this. You know this is a sacred thing to you.” Dante shrugged his shoulders.

Cherry spun him around to face her. ,”I’m not cutting it.” Dante looked even more upset now. ,”Why the hell not Cherry? I’m your client, do as I ask.” Cherry set the scissors back in the drawer. “If I do that you will regret it later.” Dante shook his head trying to reach to get the scissors himself. ,”Cherry just cut this shit off!” Dante slammed his fists into the arms of the chair.

Cherry glared at him. ,”No, stop listening to that bitch, she doesn’t understand you.” Everyone had stopped to look over at the incident forming. Dante stood reaching for the scissors. Cherry tried to grab them back as he held his hair in his fist.

”Will you fix it after I finish?” “No Dante. Now, Stop.” Cherry reached for the scissors. Cherry grabbed them, quickly shoving them into her apron. ,”You tell her, to go fuck herself.” Cherry pushed her draw shut.

Dante sighed.”Cherry..” Cherry grabbed her purse up walking past Dante to take her lunch break. “Cherry.” Cherry whipped around as they finally stepped foot outside. “I am not going to cut your hair, because she wants you to.”

Dante shoved his hands into his pocket giving Cherry a stare down. “Okay Cherry.” Cherry watched Dante climb back in his car before pressing his head to the staring wheel. Erica was obviously already starting to show symptoms of a wife with no care for her husband.

Cherry tapped his window. ,”Dante, come to lunch with me.”

-

Dante was soon smiling brightly again as he and Cherry talked and ate at a steak house. Cherry bit into her steak spreading the sauce on top while Dante salted his baked potato. “Thank you for making me laugh Cherry, I really needed it.”

Cherry smiled cut her steak again. ,”No problem.” “Can you braid my hair on Friday Cherry. I’m leaving for a week business trip in san Diego.” Cherry started to say yes until Dante’s cell phone began ringing. Dante wiped his lips lightly with a napkin answering the phone. ,”Hello?”

Cherry chewed her steak slowly watching his face drop into an angry glare. “Okay Baby, We will talk when I get home.” Dante shut his phone finally rubbing his forehead. “What’s wrong.” Dante pushed his plate away his appetite gone. ,”She went 7,000 dollars over on the credit card I gave her.

Cherry set her fork down. ,”How the hell did she do that.” Dante shrugged. ,”Hell I don’t know, It’s a good thing I have the trip coming up.” Cherry nodded. ,”How long will you be gone?” “A week.” Cherry nodded pushing a piece of steak at Dante’s lips.

Dante shook head. Cherry leaned up slipping the steak between his lips. Cherry smiled watching him chew. ,”Don’t let her take your appetite. You know you eat like pig.” Dante smiled cutting his own steak feeding Cherry.

Cherry chewed savoring the burst of flavor in her mouth. ,”Mmm.” Dante smiled pulling his plate back to him. ,”How did you find the shop I work at?” Dante finished of his steak before answering. ,”I went to Mike’s and asked Rhonda when my lunch break started.”

“You look cute in your all black outfit and apron.” Dante slyly flirted with out looking up. Cherry blushed looking down at her plate scooping the potato out before eating it. “You look nice in your shirt and tie.” Cherry felt his eyes on her head as she played with her food.

“Thank you Cherry.” Cherry looked up to see him smiling at her. Cherry smiled back as they finished up. Dante took out 40.00 dollars placing it on the table. Cherry walked behind Dante. ,”You know if you pay it’s a date right.”Cherry smiled joking.

“I know.” Dante spoke without looking back. Cherry blushed deeply as the bells on the door rang as they left.

-