Chapter 9

It was hard for me to even grasp what was even happening. I  loved it though. "Listen I know we can't tell anyone about this but do you wanna be my girl?" Dal asked. "Yes dal I will be your girl." I said with a smile creeping across both of our  faces. "So are you gonna come back to the house?" Dal asked. "Not right now or they will think something is up most likely. I will be back later though." I said a smile on my face. Dal shook his head ok and leaned in to kiss me one more time before i went. "Where are you gonna be?" Dal asked. "I'm gonna go hunt down Jamie. Go hunt some action or something. Maybe go get some ice cream. Come find us later." I said kissing him one more time before taking off in the direction of Jamie's house. Jamie's house was not so far away just down the block. I went to Jamie's house and knocked on the door. Jamie answered. "Hey you wanna go do something I have something to tell you." I said with a small smile. Jamie grabbed her purse and walked out the door. She lit up a cigarette and offered me one. I took it and started talking. "Ok so dal kissed me and now I'm his girl." I said getting straight to the point. Jamie just looked at me with a shocked look. "When are you gonna tell your brothers? What are you gonna tell them?" Jamie asked. "Well I figured that if me and dal did get married that I would pull them aside at the wedding and tell them who the groom is." I said with a laugh. Jamie laughed to. "So what are you gonna tell Matt? I mean he really likes you. Like more than friend like to." Jamie said puffing on her cigarette. "Well I figure I'll tell him straight up. I mean really it's not that hard to tell him that I don't feel the same way about him that he does me." I said looking over at Jamie. "Well speak of the devil." Jamie said as Matt walked up to us. "Hey girls." Matt said with a big smile. "Hey Matt what goes on?" I said with a smile. "Well there was something I wanted to talk to you about." Matt said. "Ok what is it?" I asked. "Well I like you. Like really really like you. Heck I may even love you." Matt said with a smile. "Listen Matt I like you but not like that. And I kinda already have a boyfriend." I  said to Matt not really wanting to hurt his feelings. "Who is it?" Matt asked. "Dallas." I said. "How long has this been going on?" Matt asked. "Not long. About fifteen minutes ago I just told dal that I would be his girl." I said feeling really bad. Matt didn't say another word to me and took off in the other direction. "Did I do that wrong?" I asked Jamie. "No you did what you were supposed to. You told him the truth." Jamie told me. "Are you sure?" I asked. Jamie shook her head yes. "Do you wanna go get some ice cream?" I  asked Jamie. "Yeah ice cream sounds good." Jamie said. "So what are you doing tonight?" I asked Jamie. "Going on a date with Tim tonight. You wanna have a double date?" Jamie asked laughing. "Hush up. And no me and dal might just go to the movies or something." I told Jamie turning to walk into the ice cream shop. Some of the Socs were there. Cherry and her friends were there. Jamie and I walked up ignoring that the Socs were even there. I got a chocolate ice cream and Jamie got a strawberry ice cream. We both walked outside and seen two-bit's car pull into the ice cream place. Jamie and I walked over. "Hey two what ya up to?" I asked leaning against the car. "Nothing much pony and Johnny wanted some ice cream so I told them I would bring them." He said while leaning up against the car. "oh. Has Soda and Steve went to the dx yet?" I asked. "Yeah Darry dropped them off on his way to work." Two-bit said. "ok see you later two. Bye Johnny" Jamie and I both said walking towards the dx. It was a quiet walk to the dx. We both ate our  ice cream before it melted. "Hey Soda. Hi Steve." In said to them when we walked into the dx. "Hey girls what are you two doing?" Soda asked. "Nothing much just whatever we can find." I said leaning over on the counter. "Oh Jamie Tim was here earlier. Said he was looking for you. Said to tell you he would be at bucks. And to tell you to go talk to him if we saw you." Steve said. "Ok. I better go then. See you later Samantha." Jamie said walking out of the dx and to bucks. A girl came in to flirt with soda so i talked to Steve for a few minutes. "Did you ever think of what you wanted for your birthday?" Steve asked. Even though my birthday had been a few weeks ago Steve told me he would get me something later cause he didn't know what to get me. "Yeah. I wanted to go to a drag race." I said with a smile. "You wanna go to a drag?" Steve asked. "Yeah. I wanna go to a drag see what you and soda are always talking about." I said. "Ok there is a drag next Friday night that I will take you to." Steve said. "Yay! Thank you." I said giving Steve a hug. Soda walked back over. "What you two talking about?" Soda asked. "Sam told me what she wants me to give her for her birthday. She wants me to take her to a drag I told her I would take her to the one next week." Steve said. "Darry won't like that." Soda said. "I know but she really wants to go." Steve said. "Hey we ain't gotta worry about Dar finding out Friday night." I said. "Why not?" Soda asked me. "Because he is going to go bowling or something like that with some of his high school friends. And one of them is a girl." I said. "How do you know that?" soda asked. "He told me. He wants me to help him get ready so he can impress her." I  said. "Ok." Soda said. "I'm gonna head to the house. I think I'll try to figure out what I'm going to do with my life since they kicked me out of school." I said walking out the door. I walked back to the house by myself. Thinking. Which that was never a good thing. When in got to the house Dallas was sitting on the couch. "I thought you and Jamie were hanging out." Dallas said when i walked in and sat on the couch beside him. "We were but Tim was looking for her so she went to see what he wanted. So I'm all on my lonesome now. Whatever am I gonna do?" I  asked Dallas. "Well you can sit here with me." He said putting an arm around me. I leaned over and laid my head on his shoulder. After watching TV for about fifteen minutes dal got bored. "I wanna do something." Dal said. "What do you wanna do?" I asked him. "I don't know maybe this." Dal said leaning over and kissing me. I had to admit i liked the idea but i didn't wanna get caught. I pushed dal away. "Why did you do that?" Dal asked. "Listen you and I both agree that we were gonna keep this a secret. And if we are gonna kiss I don't think we should do it on the couch where we could get caught." I said. "Your right so let's go up to your room. Turn on the radio and they won't even know that you and I are kissing." Dal said. "They might walk into my room. I got something to make sure they won't though." I  said getting up and walking upstairs with dal following me. I walked into my room and grabbed a chalk board i had sitting on my desk. I  wrote I'm in a bad mood. Anyone who comes in here or even thinks about it will get their head bit off. Have a good day with your head still attached. dal and I both laughed and hung the sign on the door and turned on my radio. I sat on my bed with dal and kissed. I had fun. I didn't want to stop. But we had to after about an hour. I was not not happy about it either. I could tell Dal didn't want to stop either but I heard all the guys coming in so i turned off the radio and took the sign down and went back downstairs.