Chapter 17

I had just got out of the shower when i heard rocks hitting my window. I grabbed my robe put it on and walked to the window. It was Jamie. I slid the window open. "Jamie what are you doing here?" I asked her. "I came to talk to you. I don't want to face pony either." Jamie said. "Give me a second and I'll find out where he is at." I said running to my bedroom door. "Darry!" I yelled. "Yeah Sam." Darry said walking to the edge of the steps. "Where's pony?" I asked. "He went to the lot or something with Johnny. Why?" Darry asked. "No reason." I said running back into my room back to my window. "Come on in Jamie!" I yelled. I heard the guys dying of laughter downstairs. I walked into my closet to get some cloths. I grabbed a pair of black gym shorts and a orange tank top. I walked out of the closet to find two-bit sitting on my bed. "Two-bit what the heck!' I screamed scared to death. He just started laughing like a idiot. "What Sam something wrong?" Two-bit asked in between laughs. "I'm not even dressed! I am finally pulling out of whatever and you decide to give me a heart attack!" I yelled at him. "Ok two-bit jokes over." Soda said walking in with a laugh. He looked at me and realized i only had my robe on. "Out now! Sam get some cloths on!" Soda yelled. Two walked out of the room laughing. "I was trying to do that before y'all gave me a heart attack!" I told him while walking into the bathroom. "Sam!" Jamie yelled walking into my room. "Yes Jamie." I said walking out of the bathroom while brushing my hair. "Look I didn't mean to start yelling at pony like that earlier." Jamie told me while sitting down on my bed. "No its fine. He needed yelled at." I
said to Jamie while searching all my dresser drawers looking for some hair grease. "No its not. I didn't even think about it giving you a headache or something until after i took off out the door." Jamie said. "I said it's fine. You and i have to keep these boys in line." I said with a laugh still looking through all the drawers. "What are you looking for?" Jamie asked. "My grease." I stated bluntly walking to the bathroom to look for it. I slammed all the doors to the cabinet and medicine cabinet looking for it. "I think i seen soda with a can of hair grease earlier." Jamie said. I took off running down the stairs. "SODAPOP PATRICK CURTIS!!!!!! GIVE ME MY GREASE!!!!!!!!!" I yelled at him as i ran down the steps two at a time and jumped on his back. "Whoa. Sam chill what's wrong?" Soda asked like he had no clue about what was going on. "You took my grease give it back!" I yelled at the now laughing sodapop. "I'm your grease baby." Dallas said into your ear. "You are not my hair grease. I need that container of grease give it here." I said. "Sam there's some grease in my bathroom cabinet that i use before rumbles that you can use." Darry said. "No I don't want that can of grease. I need the can of grease that was in my room. And i need it now!" I demanded. "What is so special about that can of grease?" Steve asked. "It has this special stuff in it that makes my hair the color it is and keeps the red looking color in it. Plus it makes my hair smell good. Now give." I said. I lied but that will make them not want to use it. "I know what time it is." Two-bit said. I shot him a death stare. "That was last week for your information. If you say another word about that i will kill you. Now i want that grease." Two just turned red and the guys laughed. "Pony has it Sam. He needed some grease for something and i told him you might have some." Darry said. "You let pony use my grease? Really?" I yelled. "Jamie!" I yelled. "Yeah Sam." Jamie said walking down the steps. "Go find pony and get that grease." I told Jamie with anger and rage in my voice. Jamie didn't question me and ran out the door. "What is in that grease that you need it so badly?" Darry asked. "Nothing" i said getting more nervous by the second. "Got it!" Jamie said running back in the door. "Thanks" i said grabbing the grease and running upstairs to my room. I looked on the bottom of the grease. It wasn't there. I heard the door open pony come in and Jamie walk out without a word said to each other. I ran downstairs. "Where is it?" I yelled running down the stairs. "Where is what?" Soda asked. "What was tapped to the bottom of the grease." I said walking to pony. "What was tapped to the bottom?" Darry asked. "Just this old piece of paper." Pony said pulling it out of his pocket. "There was something else with it." I said. "That match box?" Pony asked. "Yeah where is it?" I asked. "Johnny has it. I told him he could have the matches." Pony said. "Johnny give me the match box then please." I said. "Sure but I don't know why you need a box of matches." Johnny said digging them out of his pocket. "It's not matches." I said. "Then what is it?" Soda asked. "It's nothing just a old match box that someone special gave me. Just don't take my grease again got it." I said taking off up the stairs.

Hey y'all thanks for reading. Please comment and tell me what y'all think i love hearing from y'all. Thanks again so much for reading. I will be updating soon. Thats all for now. Bye for now!

Stay gold