Chapter 28

Two-bit POV
I can't believe this. Sam is going to a therapist. I don't think she should go to the quack who will mess her up. I just hope that they don't think that she needs further help from there. The next step is a mental hospital but Sam's not mental. Maybe a little temperamental at times but not mental. But there's nothing I can do about it now. Dal and Darry have already made their decision. I know Dally hates the idea of it though. Dally really loves Sam. They really go together great. The only thing about them being together is that they tried to keep it a secret. It also didn't help that Sam got a tattoo that no one knew about. I just can't stand to see this happen. I've tried lightning the mood by making a joke or two but nothing helps.  No one has really been themselves all night. I think I'm just gonna go home and get back over here early. "Guys I'm gonna head home.  I'll see y'all in the morning." I said walking out the door.

Steve's POV
I can't even. Soda thinks it's a good for Sam to go to some so called therapist. I tried telling them that they don't work. They didn't listen of course. The only reason I know they don't work is because of my little sister. It happened before I met the guys but she killed herself. I took her to therapist after therapist and one night while I was asleep she took some pills and killed herself. She left a note by her that said:      Dear Steve,
          I'm sorry but I have to do this. I just couldn't handle it.  I just want you to know that it's nothing that you did. You did everything that you possibly could have. You tried to drown my demons but it still didn't work. This is gonna save you so much trouble and you will have a life that's not taking care of me. I know you want some friends to run around and be yourself with and now you can have them. Steve I am really sorry that it has come to this but no one will miss me anyway. I can't drown my demons they know how to swim. The demons won Steve. Just promise me that you will stay happy like you always have been. Don't worry about me I will see you soon enough. Meet a nice girl and have me a few nieces and nephews. We will meet again Steve I promise. I love you more than anything in the whole world. We will meet again I promise. Live your life and don't worry about me. I love you so much.
Forever and always love JJ Randall

I remember that letter by heart and I always carry it with me. "Soda can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. "Yeah."
He said getting up and following me out the door. We walked out onto the front porch. I lit a cigarette. "What's up?" Soda asked. I took the note out of my wallet and handed it to Soda. He read the note and looked at me for a second. "Was this from your little sister?" Soda asked me. I shook my head yes. "What happened?" Soda asked. "She had been depressed for about a year before it happened. It was about 6 months before I met you guys. I took her to therapist after therapist hoping something would help when one night after a very hard day she took herself after I went to sleep. She took some old pills that I left in the medicine cabinet. I woke up the next morning and she wouldn't wake up. I knew that after I read the note. It was to late." I told him. "How old was she?" Soda asked. "Sam's age." I said. "That's why you don't want Sam to go to the therapist tomorrow." Soda said putting it all together. "Yeah. JJ was just as strong and bull headed as Sam. Sometimes I look at Sam and I see JJ. They have they Sam eyes that cut through me. That's why I can't tell her no. Sam means just as much to me as she does you guys. Sam is like the little sister I lost. Sometimes I forget that she ain't even my sister by blood." I told Soda almost breaking down into tears. It had been the first time since I met the guys that I have talked about JJ. It felt good to talk about her. "Steve. Sam is as much your sister as she is mine. I promise nothing bad will happen to her." Soda told me.

Soda's POV
"Steve. Sam is as much your sister as she is mine." I told Steve. I could see the worry in his eyes. I had no idea that Steve had once had a little sister who killed herself. I still can't believe it. He loved his sister so much. He was the only one who even cared about her I know. His dad doesn't care about him I'm sure he didn't care about his sister. "Lets go back inside." I said. "I better be getting home. I'll be over here tomorrow." He said before walking off to his house. I walked back inside. "I'm gonna go to bed. Pony sleep on the couch tonight or you can go sleep in Sam's room if Jamie ain't stayin over here." I said before walking into my room to lay down with Sam. Everyone who was still in the living room all said goodnight. I laid down by Sam on the bed. I actually felt really comfortable with Sam right there. It made me feel like everything was ok and nothing had happened and Sam didn't have to go see the therapist. I quickly fell asleep thinking about Steve and his little sister and what she looked like.