Chapter 22

Mentions self harm

I put on a sweatshirt and walked back into the living room. Johnny was gone and pony must have went with him cause he was no where to be found. I sat down by dal. He pulled me  close and gave me  a quick kiss on the cheek. "You ok?" He whispered in my  ear. I nodded my  head yes. I hadn't even realized it but Jamie had left. I  felt safe with him. "Sam we gotta get to the dx." Soda said getting up. I nodded my head ok. Soda leaned over and gave me a kiss on my  forehead. Steve leaned over and did the same. "Hate to do this but I have to get to work to. I'll be home a little late tonight." Darry said walking out the door. "Be good you two. And Dallas remember what we talked about." Darry said poking his head back in the door and pointing a finger at dal. Dal just nodded his head with a smirk. "What did you talk about?" I asked dal looking over at him. "Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about." Dal said giving me a quick kiss on the lips. Two-bit turned the Tv to Mickey Mouse making us  both realize that he was even there. "Give me that!" Dal said taking the remote out of twos hand. I  just laughed a little. Dal just smiled at me. He turned the tv to a music show that i watched for a little bit. I was starting to get a little hungry. "Dal I'm hungry." I  said. "Wanna walk to the dingo and get something to eat?" He asked. "Yay!!!!" I said getting up. Dal just chuckled. "Sweet! Food and it's all on dal!!" Two-bit yelled playfully. "Shut up two-butt no one invited you!" Dal said. Two-bit acted like he was about to cry. I laughed at him and walked out the door holding hands with dal. Two-bit followed like a puppy dog. dal and I forgot he was there. The walk to the dingo didn't even seem as long as usual. We both got a burger and shared a basket of fries. "Let's get back to your house babe." Dal said getting up. He paid the bill the strolled out the door holding my  hand. The whole time we were at the dingo I  seen girls starring daggers at me. As soon as I  got out of there i felt like i could actually breathe. "Dal did you see those girls starring at me?" I asked. "There were other girls in there? I didn't seem to notice." He said. It made me smile. I  thought it was a little cheesy but i liked it. We both smoked a cigarette on the way back to the house. No one would be home for a little bit anyway. I just sat on the couch and watched tv for a little bit. With a few make-out sessions. Soda and Steve walked in at about 3:00 and ruined a recently started make-out session. Steve walked in before soda. "SODA!! SAM AND DALLY ARE KISSING!!!" Steve yelled. We  jumped away from each other and I was on the other end of the couch when soda ran in just about body slamming Steve. "What were you two doing?" Soda asked calmly. "Nothing." dal and I both said like nothing happened. I  looked over at dal. He smiled and winked at me. Which in turn made me  giggle and blush. Soda just looked at me. About that time Two, pony, Johnny, and Jamie waltzed through the door. Jamie seemed a little better than what I was. Jamie looked at me. She motioned to the stairs meaning she wanted to talk to me in my room. I got up and followed her to my room. I knew what she was going to do. She closed the door then rolled the sleeves up on the jacket I was wearing. She looked at my arms and didn't say anything for a few minutes. She just looked from my arms back to me. "Why? I mean I knew you had the blades but I didn't know you were gonna do this." She said looking at my arms. I didn't say anything i just looked at her. She ran to where i kept the blades and ran to the bathroom. I took off at a dead run after her. She dumped the blades in the toilet and flushed it before i could get them from her. "Why did you do that?!?!?" I asked her with tears streaming down my face. "Because I don't want to see that happen to you. And I really don't want to see what that will do to your brothers and the rest of the gang." Jamie said. My arms still ached. I knew that Matt would not be happy if i kept cutting and i sure knew that my parents would never approve of it either. But they weren't here they were the reason why i had even thought about starting to cut in the first place. I hated that this was what my life had come to. My hands started to shake. I started to reach for my switch. I had forgotten that Jamie was even there until she ripped the switch out of my hands.i had my back against the wall. I started crying uncontrollably. The door swung open and all the guys walked in. Darry in front with dal  right by his side fuming and madder than ever. Johnny stood back with pony. I looked at Johnny for a second and he mouthed "I'm sorry." Soda looked like he had when he found out sandy was pregnant with someone else's kid. Steve looked mad like he had been betrayed. And two-bit good ol Two-bit, he was not being a wise guy and cracking jokes. I was scared to death of what was gonna happen next.