Chapter 23

I waited for the words to come out of Darry's mouth but they never came. The words i longed to hear never came. The words i needed to hear were never said. The only words said were the ones that i dreaded. That took me by surprise. The words that sent shock waves through my body. "Samantha please stop." Darry said hugging me. Dal took me away from Darry. He just hugged me. He let me loose for one second to look at my  arms and gently kiss them. After dal did that I was engulfed in hugs by the rest of the gang. Each one of them told me how much they love me and gave me at least one reason to not hurt myself. Steve told me how beautiful I am. Two-bit told me how happy i always make him. Soda told me that I was growing up to be a beautiful young woman. Johnny told me how much he needed me to just stay alive. He said that if he didn't have me he had nothing. He also said that my smile made any bad day he had good. Then Pony told me that I was to smart to even think of hurting myself. Those were not the words i wanted to hear. I wanted to be yelled at. I wanted to be in trouble. Jamie had been telling Darry that she flushed the blades and that she took the switch. She handed the switch to Darry. "Sam I have to go." Jamie said as she walked over hugged me and walked out the door. "Sam why? Why did you do it?" Dal asked. "Everyone's got a breaking point. I reached mine. I don't want to hear things about comforting me or trying to tell me it will all be ok! I want to be yelled at I want someone to tell me that it won't be ok. I want them to tell me that happy ever after may not happen. I need them to tell me that my happy ever after will never come. I lost mom, dad, and Matt. Then I got jumped. And honestly that's what I wanted. At this point I don't care if I'm here tomorrow or the next day. Your lives will be so much better without me anyway. You guys should have never saved me from those Socs. I don't deserve it. If I died tomorrow can you honestly tell me that anyone or anything will miss me? Huh?! Will the world stop turning? Will the grass stop growing? Will the kids stop laughing? Will a New York minute slow down? Will time stop? Huh?! Will all that happen if I died tomorrow?!?!? No it won't." I yelled at them.

Pony P.O.V.
"Will all that happen if I died tomorrow?? No it won't!" Sam screamed at us.
"Maybe..." I said back to her... "Maybe the whole world won't stop turning. Maybe the sky would still change every day. Maybe everyone would still go on. But what about us, Sam? What about Jamie, who comes here to see you every day? Think about her! What about Darry, who has spent his life taking care of you? Think about him. What about Dal? You know he loves you more than he lets on. It would kill him to have you gone. What about me and soda and Johnny? We wouldn't be able to function without having you there to mock us. And even Steve and Two would miss you! Think about the rest of us. Maybe the sky would keep changing, the grass would keep growing, people would go by without a care in the world. But we aren't those people. We love you Sam. Please don't do this to us." I told her. She stopped and looked at me for a second. "Pony you are the one who I have had fight after fight with. Heck I thought you hated my guts like a lot of people do...." she said stopping after those words for just a second. She bit her lip before she continued "I really don't deserve you guys. But pony there's some things about the world that you don't know yet. The world always has something to say about a girl like me growing up the way I am. Some say I'm selling myself others say I'm just a no good punk looking for trouble . And some.... some say that I'm not worth the air I breathe. Yet you guys always manage to say something good to or about me. How? How in the world do you guys do that?" She asked. Soda spoke up. "Because you mean the world to us. Sam to us you are our world." She just shook her head no. I could only wonder what could have been going on in her head. "Soda you all know that you are better off with out me!" She said taking off at a dead run out the door. She ran out of the house and to god knows where. I don't think I can handle it anymore. I still can't believe that she thought I hated her guts. Yeah we fight a lot but still. I never thought in a million years would she think that of me. I just hope now that wherever she ran to is not very far and that she comes back soon. Dal tried to go after her but Darry held him back. Soda on the other hand took off out of her bedroom door as fast as he could to catch up with her. I had a really bad feeling about this. So many things were going through my head yet I couldn't say anything.

Hey yall thanks so much for reading. I decided I would try to write it a little from someone else's view. Please tell me what y'all think. Not only does commenting tell me that people are actually reading the story but it tells me what y'all think. And please don't be afraid to be honest and give some constructive criticism. I will update soon. Bye for now!!!

Stay gold