Chapter 31

I walked downstairs from a nap and there was a cop in the living room. It was the one from Matt's murder scene. "Darry!" I yelled walking down the steps. The cop turned and looked at me. Darry walked into the living room where the cop was. "Sam this is officer Smith." Darry told me. "I know who he is what's he doing here?" I  asked. I had turned on the Dallas Winston charm. Ready to run at any second. "He has some good news for you." Darry said. "That's about as common around here as a unicorn. What's the news?" I said as cockily as i could. "We caught Matt's killer!" Officer Smith said. "Who killed him?" I  asked not really wanting to hear the answer. "Ty Boggs." Officer Smith said. "Ty killed him?" I asked.  "Yeah I'm afraid so. Did you know him." Officer smith said. "Yeah.  He's Jamie's brother. They were really close. Does Jamie know?" I  asked. "Yes she does. She was with him when we arrested him. She didn't take it to well." Officer smith said bluntly. At this time Johnny was by my side. "Thanks." I said thinking. Johnny knew what I was thinking and so did Darry. I felt like my brain was about to bust. Dal was in jail and Jamie's brother killed Matt. Officer smith said goodbye and walked out the door going back to the station. "I gotta go find Jamie!" I said before running out of the house. Johnny followed knowing what dal had said. I ran to Jamie's favorite crying place. She was there. "Jamie you ok?" I  asked. "No.  My brother killed one of my best friends!" She said crying harder. "Jamie calm down." I told her soothingly. "You got a smoke?" Jamie asked. "Sorry Jamie ain't got none." I said. She muttered something I couldn't quite hear. And knowing Jamie i probably didn't want to. "Ya know what lets walk to the dx and get some. I told Soda I was going there anyway." I  told her trying to lighten things up a little bit. She agreed. The walk to the dx was silent no one smiled or joked with each other like usual. When we walked into the dx some girls were in there flirting with soda. I just rolled my eyes. Steve laughed a little and came over to talk to us. "Get Jamie a pack of smokes will ya." I told Steve. "Sure thing." He said grabbing Jamie's favorite kind. He handed them to her. She walked outside to smoke. "What's wrong with her?" Steve asked. "Her brother killed Matt. She was right there with him when he got arrested. "That's awful. Sam there's a drag tonight wanna go?" Steve asked. "Sure. I think Jamie will be with pony tonight. So might as well." I said. Johnny looked at me unsure. Then Johnny walked outside to smoke. "Something going on between you two? Y'all have been acting weird since you went and talked to dal this morning." Steve said. "Just something dal said. Said he wanted Johnny to take care of me. Always be by my side." I explained to Steve. "You can fend for yourself can't you?" Steve asked. "Yeah but there is obviously something that dal is worried about." I said. "What would it be that isn't already a factor?" Steve said. "I don't really know. Wish I did though." I said looking over at the girl who was with soda. "How long that broad been here?" I asked. "Bout 30 minutes why?" Steve said as he glanced over at them. "I don't know. It's just that I have seen her before. And every time I see her trouble follows. Like she has done something before." I told Steve.  She then looked over at me then walked out. I was still trying to figure the broad out. Maybe i had gotten into a fight with her at some point? I really couldn't remember all i knew about her was trouble. "Hey Sam." Soda said walking over and giving me a hug. "Hey soda.... Who was that girl?" I asked. "She said her name was Stormy. She's gonna go to the drag with me tonight." Soda said. Stormy. Stormy. I knew that name, but from where. Then Johnny walked back in. Jamie was still outside smoking. "She's almost smoked the  pack." Johnny said. "It'll make her sick." Steve said. "No it won't. When her mom first found out she smoked her mom made her smoke two whole packs.  Told her it would make her so sick that she would never want to look at another cigarette. She didn't even get a headache." I said. "How in the world does that happen?" Soda asked. "Ya see Jamie and I are a dying breed." I told them with a smirk. "Probably from smoking two whole packs of cigarettes at a time." Steve said. "What time do y'all get off tonight?" I asked. "5." Soda said. "Ok" i said then Darry walked through the door. "Soda can you go fill the truck up? Sam almost time to go." He told me. "I don't wanna go." I whined. "Would you like some cheese with that whine?" Darry asked. "No I'll just take the wine." I smiled. "Jokes like that are why you need a therapist.  Ya hood. Now go get in the truck. Johnny you can come to." Darry said with a smile. I walked out to the truck as soda finished filling it up. Johnny followed me. "You excited Sam?" Soda asked. "No." I moaned. "Why not." Soda asked. "Because i don't wanna go to some quack. I just want my dal back." I complained. "It's only been a day." Soda said.  "I think I'm gonna die in these next 6 months Soda." I told Soda. "Keep an eye on Jamie till pony can be found please." I said before soda could say anything else. "Sam truck." Darry said. "Sure thing. Bye Sam. Bye Johnny." Soda said as me and Johnny climbed into the truck. I dreaded this ride. I was  silent the whole time. Johnny and Darry tried to get me to talk but I  didn't. We finally pulled into the parking lot. This was going to be fun. Not!

Hey y'all thanks so much for reading. I will update soon. Please comment and tell me what y'all think. I love hearing from y'all. Thanks again so much for reading. I promise I will update soon. Bey for now.

Stay gold