3. A New Day, A New Pack

{Sara's POV}

While I was running, I got thirsty, so I started looking for a stream, lake, pond, etc. Just one would've worked. I smelled fresh moss, and followed that, and the ground moistened and I looked a little bit ahead and found a stream. I ran over to it and started drinking as much water as my body would allow. I was still in wolf form you see, so when I heard a SNAP! Of a branch, well I freaked out, and Katy took over, and went into defense position. I don't want to fight. And so, I shifted.

**********

{Kim's POV}

I couldn't find Sara anywhere. She wasn't at school, and she ALWAYS came, no matter what. So as soon as school got out, I shifted into my chocolate brown wolf and ran for the pack house. Before I shifted back, I grabbed a dress out of the shed out back, where we keep clothes for when we shift.

I ran inside. "Sara?" No answer. "SARA?!?" No answer. I hope she didn't black out again. I ran up to her room and nearly broke the door down in my hurry to get in. I looked around. The dresser drawers were open an empty. The desktop was empty. It looked like a new room, except for the piece of paper taped to the wall. I ran over and picked it up and read it.

Dear Pack,
I would say I'm sorry I ran away, but I'm not. Y'all drove me away with all the beatings. Even you Mike! My own brother. Mum and Dad are probably looking down on you in shame and disappointment. You treated me like garbage. I can't believe you did that. I'm your baby sister, sure we're twins, but that just makes your non-existent reasoning less sound. I still love you, but only because you're my brother, and I don't know if I can forgive you, or the rest of my pack. Now Jake, mates are supposed to love and care for each other, not reject them. But just so you know, I accept your rejection, but you will regret ever saying those words. And the rest of the pack? Well, except for Kim and her mate, John that is, go rot in hel*. Kim and John, well I love you both and hope you can forgive me. I will be back one day. Love ya sista!

With hatred and despise,
Sara Fox, AKA Omega Slave Girl

I started screaming in horror and sorrow. I was crying, but I didn't care. She left. Sara left. She actually left. While I was screaming, note still in my hand, I felt arms wrap around me, John's arms based on the sparks, but I didn't care and I kept screaming and sobbing. I felt as everyone in the pack came to see what was wrong, then now their heads as the alpha and his son walked in. When I saw Jake, I felt red hot anger burn in my veins.

"HOW COULD YOU?!?! SHE LEFT. SHE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU!!! YOU JAKE!!! YOU BAST**D! I HATE YOU! YOU MADE MY BEST FRIEND LEAVE BECAUSE YOU FLIPPING REJECTED HER!!!" I screamed at Jake. The pack stared at me in disbelief, pity, and sympathy. No one stood up to alpha, but I was in pain.

"What are you talking about?" Jake asked calmly. I threw the note at him an waited for him as he read it. Sorrow and anger flashed across his eyes, and then disappeared instantly. He looked at me.

"Don't disrespect me again Kim. I don't care what the reason, but this one time I will forgive you."Jake said. I stared at him in disbelief. How could he even look, let alone act, calm at a time like this.

"Give the note to Mike..." Was all that I heard John say before I spaced out, and then let the blackness claim me.

**********

{Jake's POV}

When I got home from school, I heard screaming. I ran up to where it was coming from and saw Sara's room. I heard my wolf, Wes, whimper with the thought of Sara's wolf, Katy, being hurt, dead, or gone. I saw my father and walked with him into the room. I saw Kim in the middle of the room with a note held in her hands, and the smell of my mate-no not my mate!- wasn't fresh. It wasn't the fresh smell of lilacs and lavender, it was old hours old. She hasn't been here in a while.

"HOW COULD YOU?!?! SHE LEFT. SHE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU!!! YOU JAKE!!! YOU BAST**D! I HATE YOU! YOU MADE MY BEST FRIEND LEAVE BECAUSE YOU FLIPPING REJECTED HER!!!" Kim yelled at me. I was shocked. How the heck did she know, and she dared to disrespect me?

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, trying to keep my voice calm. She threw the note at me. I read it once. Twice. Three times. I can't believe it. She really left. And all because of me and the pack. The only ones kind to her were the younger pups, and Kim, and John.

"Don't disrespect me again Kim. I don't care what the reason, but this one time I will forgive you. " I told her. He stared at me.

"Give the note to Mike." John, my third said. I nodded and looked at Kim and John with jealousy. 'You shouldn't have rejected our mate.' Wes said. I blocked off our connection and went to give the note to Mike.

**********

{Mike's POV}

Jake came running into my room with a paper in his hand. I looked at him.

"Sara ran away Mike." Jake told me, his demeanor anything but composed.

"What?--I mean why do you care?" I asked Jake.

"She ran away from all the abuse. And you. And me." Jake said. As e said 'and me' his voice cracked. Woah. This is a really weird day. Jake handed me a note, I read over it until she mentioned me. I re-read it at least five times. Hoping it was a dream. I started whining.

"She really ran away?" I asked, as a tear rolled down my cheek. I've been a horrible brother. And Sara is right. I've probably disgraced my parents. I will do everything I can to get Sara to forgive me as soon as we know where she is.

**********

{Sara's POV} [again!]

I stood nude in front of three wolves, all are most likely high ranked males, at least based on their size. I cringed at them. One of them was probably going to hurt me. I cowered away from them and fell into the stream. The wolves-one black, one red, and one brown-stared at me in shock and came closer. I bowed my head and cringed again. I heard the snapping of bones, and when I looked up, I saw three guys, a bit older than me-one with black hair, one with red hair, and one with brown hair-all wearing basketball shorts. They came over to me and looked confused.

"What's your name rouge?" The one with the black hair asked me.

"S-S-Sara" I said, my teeth chattering from the cold of the stream.

"What are you doing on our pack's territory?" The red head demanded.

"I r-r-ran away f-f-f-from my old p-p-pack." I replied.

"Can I ask why?" The brown haired guy asked me. I nodded.

"My p-p-pack ab-b-bused m-me, t-then m-m-my mate r-rejected me." I said. They then seemed to realize I was shivering from cold, not fear, as they helped me out of the stream and gave me a t-shirt to put on.

"Come with us Sara." The guys said, almost in unison. I nodded and followed them to their pack house-well more like pack mansion.

"Can I ask why I'm here?" I asked the brown haired guy. He seems the nicest of the three.

"Our alpha wishes to speak with you." He told me. I nodded, then jumped a the doors to an office opened, and I was ushered inside. I bowed my head to the man I knew instantly to be alpha, and inwardly cringed.

"Sara, look up at me please, child," he began. I was shocked, to say the least, and I looked up. If I was shocked before, it was nothing to compare with how I felt when he finished his sentence, which was,

"Would you like to join my pack?"