Chapter 2

I woke up at around 7:00 a.m. the next morning. Since today was a Saturday, I didn't have to work. My phone vibrated on my nightstand, so I forced myself out of my cave of blankets and grabbed my black iPhone 4s. New messages from Luke and an unknown number popped onto the screen, but I decided to read Luke's first.

hey! ya still up 4 starbux 2day?

Yea why not?

gr8 c u in an hour :)

After having that small conversation with Luke, I opened up the message from the unknown number.

hiya Eli! It's Calum! ya kno Paris Hilton ;) got ur # from Vivian hope you don't mind. Just wanna say hiiiii :D

Hi Cal! I dont mind that u have my number. you guys sounded great last night and hiiiiiiiiiiii to ya too :)

I set my phone back down on my nightstand and proceeded to my bathroom. My hair wasn't in need of washing, so I decided to just wash my body. When I came out of the shower, my clock read 7:20, so I towel dried my hair and side-braided it. I walked to my closet to pick out an outfit, and settled for a flowy floral tank top and a pair of frayed denim shorts. For shoes, I decided to wear my white crochet TOMS. I turned on the TV and waited for Luke to stop by and pick me up.

At exactly 8:00, I heard a car honking outside. I quickly turned off the TV and ran to open the door. As soon as my eyes landed on a black range rover, I knew it was him. After closing my front door, I jogged over to his car just as he rolled down the window.

"Get in!" he exclaimed with a grin ever-so present on his face.

I chuckled at his words and hopped in the passenger side. As soon as my door closed, Luke exited my driveway and left my neighborhood. The nearest Starbucks was only a few minutes away, so the drive shouldn't last very long. On our way there, we listened to Luke's copy of his band's EP. I learned a lot about his band in the short period of time in that car.

When we got to Starbucks, Luke found us a table in the back next to the restrooms. Nice. I almost laughed at his choice of seats, but they were the only seats left so I guess I could deal with it.

"What do you want to drink and or eat ma'lady?" Luke asked trying to impersonate my horrid posh accent from last night.

I laughed and asked him to order me a java chip frappuccino and a chocolate chip cookie. He snickered but went to wait in line anyways. After a few minutes, I realized that I really had to pee, so I stood up and hurried into the restroom. When I finished doing my business and washing my hands, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I took it out and found a text from my mom asking where I was. As I walked out of the restroom, I texted her back saying I was with a friend at Starbucks, and she quickly replied with 'Whatever'. Typical. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I accidently tripped over one of the table legs. There was a second when I thought I was about to break something, so I glued my eyes shut. I expected to hit the ground, but the impact never came. Instead, I felt someone wrap their arms around me before my back landed on the ground.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw Luke with a concerned look on his face. He helped me back onto my feet, and I could feel everybody's eyes on me. At that point, I felt very awkward and relieved at the same time.

"Thank you," I softly whispered to Luke.

"No problem. Just try not to fall next time," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, and Luke and I walked back to our table. Our orders were sitting on top of the table, and Luke handed me my cookie as I sat down across from him. Soft music was playing in the background, and Luke snickered when 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' started playing. He did his best impersonation of her and I began silently cackling.