Chapter 4

"Elianna put that cigarette down before you end up regretting your choices," he sighed.

I was suprised that he didn't encourage me to take a drag. Doesn't he like hate my guts? He's the reason I'm doing this in the first place.

"Why do you care? Don't you want me to die?" I spat.

Joey let out a giant sigh and sat next to me on the bench. He gently took the cigarette out of my hand and smashed it into the ground. I stared at him like he was some kind of alien. Why on earth is he being nice to me?

"Yesterday when I left, Carleigh gave me a giant speech on how immature it is of me to live in the past. I realized how horible I was to you and that you didn't deserve any of what I did. I know it's probably way too late for this, but I'm sorry about everything. I never meant any of things I did to you. My friends thought it was funny to be rude to other people, and I went along with it because I was finally friends with the popular guys. I hope you can forgive me," he admitted. 

Is he being for real? It took him this long to finally apologize, and he expects me to just accept his apology. 

"Are you kidding me right now, Joey. You were the reason I entered rehab. You were the reason I developed eating disorders. YOU caused my life to turn upside down, and you expect me to forgive you? You asshole! I can't believe you even-" 

I got cut off by Joey placing his lips on mine. Almost immediately, I pulled away. 

"What the hell?!" I shrieked.

"Eli, I'm sorry. You just looked so beautiful; I didn't mean to do that, but you just wouldn't be quiet, and I-I'm just so sorry," he sputtered.

Tears began to form in his eyes, and he bit his lip to stop the sobs from escaping his mouth.

"Joey, I-I-I didn't know that you still that way. It's just that, you did things to me that you can't undo, and I don't want to relive any of it," I whispered.

Joey nodded and let a tear fall before quickly wiping it away with the palm of his hand. I stood up and gave him a hug. We must have looked like idiots. Two kids standing next to a bench and hugging. He rubbed my back soothingly and began to cry into my shoulder. When we pulled away, he used his arm to wipe away any extra tears that slipped out.

"Eli, I hope we can still be friends," Joey began.

"I'd like that," I replied.

A smile appeared on his face, and he hugged me one last time before walking away. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in, and began to walk back to my house.

When I got home, it was around 8:00 pm, so I went up to my room and decided to take a shower. I picked out my favorite pair of Minnie Mouse pajamas and made my way to my bathroom. As I entered the shower, I used a new citrus body wash to wash away the dirt and bad memories. 

After I finished my shower, I changed into my pajamas and checked my phone. I had 2 missed calls and 5 text messages from Vivian, 3 text messages from Calum, and 1 text message from Luke. My day had enough drama in it, so I chose to ignore the messages and just head to bed. I had work the next day, anyways. Just as I placed my charger in my phone, I got a goodnight text from Calum. He's so sweet. I replied back to him and burried myself in my warm blankets.

Today was an interesting day.

The next morning, I woke up to my obnoxiously loud alarm clock. My hand smacked it in hopes of it stopping, but it unfortunately didn't. I groaned and stepped out of my bed. Since I already took a shower the night before, I didn't need to wash my hair. Instead, I just washed my body. When I got out of the shower, I put on my work clothes and went downstairs for breakfast, but I refused to eat anything. I soon realized that I didn't have a ride to work, so I decided to text Luke and ask him if he could drive me to 'The Jukebox'.