Chapter 11

"Eli?" Luke's voice said.

"Yeah?" I replied with a shaky voice.

"Why'd you leave me?" he asked through muffled whimpers.

"Luke-" I began.

"No. I don't want you to tell me a lie, Eli. Why did you really leave?" he whimpered.

"Luke, I-I-I'm so sorry," I muttered before hanging up.

I'm such an idiot! Why did I pick up the phone in the first place? I walked out of the bathroom and checked my schedule to find my next class. Since the campus was so large, I had a ten minute passing period beween my classes.

As I was walking to my next class, which happened to be maths, I saw Grayson getting things out of a locker. I made a quick detour and walked up to him.

"Hey," I said smiling.

"Hi! Didn't expect to find you here," he explained.

"Same," I replied.

"Eli, what's your next class?" he asked.

"Uhm... I have math with Mr. Young," I replied.

"Cool! So do I," he smiled.

"I'll walk with you to his classroom," he added.

I nodded, and Grayson lead me up the stairs to the maths hallway. Mr. Young's room was the first room on the left, and Grayson and I walked inside only to be greeted by crumpled up paper. The teacher was sitting at his desk, and Grayson sat down in the back by who I assumed was one of his friends.

After awkwardly standing there for a few moments, I walked up to Mr. Young and explained that I was a new student. He told me to sit at one of the empty desks in the back. Coincidentally, I ended up next to Grayson again.

"really small world," he muttered with a grin on his face.

"Okay class settle down. Today, we will be starting a class partner project. I will be choosing the partners, so don't get too excited. You are to create a three dimensional model of an ocean creature and write down the exact measurements of each piece used to create this figure. It's almost as if you are creating instructions for someone else," he explained.

"First pair is Mary and Ginger. Next we have James and Ava. Jessabelle and Mathew, Rhonda and Catherine, Mark and Farren, Elianna and Grayson, Chasity and...." he began.

When he finished calling out the pairs, he gave us the rest of the class to start working. Grayson and I grabbed a laptop and claimed the beanbags in the far right corner of the classroom.

"So, what sea creature should we do?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and began to list all the sea creatures I could think of. When class finished, I headed to my next class. The day seemed to fly by, and before I knew it, it was time for me to head back to my gran's house.

After getting my backpack out of my locker, I walked to my car and began driving back to the house. I parked the car and used the key she gave me to get myself into her house.

"Eli, is that you?" she screamed from the kitchen.

"Yeah!" I replied.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my gran cooking my favorite food, chicken alfredo.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"It was good. I saw a guy I met on the plane here, and we've become good friends I guess," I replied.

"That's good. Go ahead and do whatever while I cook tonight's dinner," she said.

I nodded and ran back up to my room. It was then when I decided to check my phone for any new messages. Of course, Luke had tried to call me back numerous times, and left me a whole bunch of texts. Tears began to blur my vision as I read some of the texts he sent me.