Chapter 27

Its been about a month since the drama with Michael and Sarah. The pair broke up about a week after I had my chat with Michael. No one has heard from Carleigh ever since she sent Vivian that text, and I've personally been becoming quite worried about what has happened to her. Joey and I saw each other once while Luke and I were buying groceries at Coles. Nobody said a word, but a single sharp intake of breath could cut the tension just as well as a knife could.

Recently, Luke and I have been a bit distant. School and dance practically took over my life as I've been rehearsing for the X Factor Tour. We both try to keep in touch as much as possible, but he is also busy rehearsing for the Where We Are Tour with One Direction. Sometimes I question the strength of our relationship.

I've been walking around the streets of Adelaide for the past hour just looking for a place to eat. So far, nothing seems to look appetizing. It's been like that a lot lately.

My weight has drastically dropped to 44 kilograms, and Vivian and the guys have begun to notice the changes. Luke always questions me about my diet, but I assure him that I'm fine and try to ignore the question. Michael, Ashton, and Vivian try to force food down my throat, but I just use laxatives or purge the food out without them knowing. Calum is just... there, I guess. He knows that something is wrong but he hasn't really annoyed me about it, unlike the others.

As I turned a corner, I saw two familiar faces inside of a Saba store. Without hesitation, I carefully jogged accross the street and quietly entered the store.

"What if they see us here?" Carleigh's voice spoke.

"They won't. Just remember what that bastard did to you," Joey growled.

I peeked my head over the clothing racks and saw that Joey was practically dragging Carleigh to the back of the store, and she was looking at the front door with a hopeful expression. It was as if she was expecting someone to walk through the doors and rescue her.

As soon as they were gone, I walked out of the shop and began contemplating whether or not I should call the police. Carleigh didn't look like she was scared, so I don't think Joey was going to do anything drastic like murder or rape her. She just looked kind of lost and hesitant to go with him.

After standing in the middle of the sidewalk for a few minutes, I decided not to call the police because I didn't think Joey would do anything to hurt her.

I began walking back to the academy because it was starting to get dark. On the way there, I was texting Luke so I wouldn't feel lonely, but halfway to campus, he had told me that he had to go ahead and sleep because they had to get up early the next morning for a radio interview. When he stopped texting back, I truely began to feel lonely.

All of a sudden, I began to feel light headed and dizzy. I saw a bright light and collapsed onto the concrete. Everything after that was a blur, and I slowly fell unconcious with the sound of sirens lingering in my ears.

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

My eyes finally began to open after what felt like death. The bright lights blinded me, and I immediately shut my eyes again.

"Doc, she's waking up," a woman's voice spoke.

After a few minutes, my eyes started to adjust to the light, and I noticed that I was laying in a hospital room with a bunch of tubes stuck in my arm. A man, who I assumed was the doctor, was standing to my right writing things on a clipboard, and a nurse was adjusting my oxygen. I lifted my hand to adjust the cannula that was slowly slipping out of my nose, and the nurse left the room.