Chapter 9

"Elianna Davenport what the hell is going on?!" someone screamed.

I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the bright white light. Luke's grip on my waist tightened. Oh my god. Luke is still here. My eyes went wide and stared at the woman at my door.

"Mom, it's not what it looks like," I assured.

Luke woke up next to me and realized what was going on, so he quickly let go of me and jumped out of my bed.

"Mrs. Davenport, I'm sorry for the trouble, but-" he began.

"Nope! No excuses! What is your name young man?" she asked.

"L-L-Luke," he stuttered.

"Well L-L-Luke, I want you out of my house right now. You are not allowed around Elianna, and if I find out that you have spoken to her at least once, I will not be afraid to call the police," she exclaimed.

"Mom, that's so unreasonable," I said.

She told me to be quiet and quickly ushered Luke out of the house. On his way out, he grabbed his pants and tried to put them on while walking down the stairs. 

When my mom came back upstairs to my room, she looked enraged.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" she asked.

"I-I-I," I began.

"I can't believe you! You are never allowed with that Luke person again! Everyday, you go visit him, and you're never home anymore. I know you don't have to go to school for some time, but it would be nice if you studied or tried to catch up on any late work that you have. You can't waste all of your time on boys, Eli," she ranted.

"Look where that got you," I muttered.

"What?" she said through gritted teeth.

"Look where staying away from guys got you! You never had experience, therefore you had no clue as to which guys are trustworthy and which ones aren't. That's why you got stuck with your asshole of a husband!" I yelled.

"Don't talk about your father like that!" she screamed.

"It's true though, isn't it? He is always gone with his friends, and he never pays attention to you. You are left to fend for yourself while he's probably out with other women. But you wouldn't know. You know why? Because you're too uptight! You never learned from your past mistakes! Well guess what? Your husband right now is a mistake because you didn't have anything to learn from," I ranted angrily.

She just stood there stunned.

"That's it. I'm tired of this. Get out of my damn house," she muttered.

"What?" I asked surprised.

"You heard me! Get out! Go to you're precious Luke and watch him throw you out like the piece of shit you are!" she shouted.

"Excuse me but-" I began.

"You have ten minutes to get out before I call the police to remove you for breaking and entering," she said before leaving my room.

What?

I grabbed my suitcase and began stuffing things inside them. First, I made sure to put my phone charger in there just in case. Then, I began to throw random clothes and shoes inside of it. I made sure to a jacket just in case I was left alone in the streets.

My closet only had a few things left in it, so I decided to change into a flowy white shirt and denim shorts. I put red TOMS on my feet and threw my hair up into a messy ponytail.