Chapter 22

I looked quickly at everyone in the room before running out the door. Tears were blurring my vision, but I made sure to take long strides in the other direction. I found a bathroom around the corner and decided to hide in it until my emotions become fully stable.

The tears had disappeared from my eyes, but I still felt scared. Who could possibly be sending me these texts?

I could hear the sounds of different voices calling out my name, but I just sat in the corner of the bathroom next to a sink with my knees to my chest. Surely mascara had left streaks on my face, and my hair most likely looked disheveled from all of the running.

A few moments later, I heard the bathroom door slam open.

"Guys, she's in here!" a thick British accent spoke.

All of a sudden, I was surrounded by familiar faces. The boys of One Direction stood in the back with concerned expressions, the guys from 5 Seconds of Summer stood in front of them with similar faces, and Vivian and Carleigh sat knees bent in front of me. Luke stretched out his arm and handed my phone back to me.

"What just happened?" Michael whispered.

"I don't know," I muttered in response.

They all began to back away from me, and Vivian helped me stand back on my own two feet.

"Eli, stop lying. We know it was something," Calum said.

"Really guys, it was nothing. Just... Don't worry about it, okay?" I ended.

They all stared at me with confused expressions, but I brushed past them and walked out of the bathroom with my hands crossed over my chest. I began to wipe away possible tear stains on my cheeks while walking towards the exit.

"Eli, where are you going?" Luke's voice asked.

I turned to him before responding, "It's already about six, and I need to get back to Adelaide in time for curfew,"

"Oh, I was hoping you'd stay longer," he said with disappointment in his voice.

He walked over to me and opened up his arms for a hug. I accepted his offer and wrapped my arms around his neck. Luke gently kissed my temples before letting go of me. I waved 'goodbye' to the others, and began walking out to my car. There was still a large group of fans waiting outside, so a group of security guards had to bring me back to my car.

As I began backing out, I noticed eleven smiling faces looking at me from one of the windows. I waved at them and began to drive back to the academy in Adelaide.

The entire drive there, I kept hearing the same annoying text message tone I had been hearing for the past few days, and it was from the same person. I was half-way to the school when I pulled over for petrol. That was about the same time when I decided to check my phone for the new messages.

Elianna, Elianna, don't act so dumb. Just leave Luke now and go back to where you're from.

Elianna, Elianna, I'll give you one more chance. Break up with Luke and you can still dance.

Elianna, Elianna, you're time is up. If only you could have just a little bit more luck.

Those were just a handful of the messages this person sent me. When I finished reading through all of the messages, my car was filled with new petrol. I sat back down in the driver's seat and continued the long drive back to Adelaide.

(45 minutes later)

I arrived back on campus with time to spare. Since it was only about 8:00, I decided to go ahead and take a quick shower before bed.