Chapter 30

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Luke and Miki laughing and walking towards the concession stands to get lunch. I could tell that they were arguing about who was paying, because Miki kept trying to put a note down on the counter, but Luke wasn't having it. Did that ever happen when we were 'dating'?

A bunch of the other dancers were sitting in groups on the stage, and each person had a tray of food. I was most likely the only dancer that was still backstage.

"Eli, what are you still doing back here?" Devin, one of the guys in my dance group, asked.

"Uh, I'm just not hungry, that's all," I muttered before walking past him and into our studio. 

When I got there, I went to my bag and got my phone out of one of the pockets. There was a new text from Parker on the screen that made me smile.

hey! hope ur having a good time in melbourne now cuz ur never going to leave me again when u come back xD

I chuckled at his stupidity before texting him back.

loser im never coming back 2 u :P

People started to walk back to their rooms, so I decided to put my phone up and begn stretching. But before I put my phone back, I saw that Parker had texted: well i miss u too. xD 

"Alright, let's clean this up and do a few more run-throughs before I let you guys go," Lance explained. We all got into position and did the routine about five more times before he told us the schedule for our next rehearsal.

"Eli, what's going on? You looked flustered," Devin asked with a concerned tone.

"It's really nothing you should be worried about," I pressured.

"But I want to help," he pleaded.

"This isn't your battle to fight," I muttered.

Once I wiped all the seat off of my back, I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before changing into the clothes I brought with me. I had on a cream quarter-sleeve crop top with pink flowers and a pair of distressed high-waisted shorts. My shoes were the same white VANS I came in, and I kept my hair in a messy ponytail.

When I walked out, I saw Luke and Miki holding hands behind me. As soon as Luke saw me, his eyes bulged out of their sockets and he looked extremely guilty.

He should be.

Our eyes met, and I looked away afraid that I would end up letting my guard down. I can't do that right now. My legs began speed walking out of the crowd of people, and I found myself at least fifteen meters away from him in just a few seconds. 

"Eli, wait," he screamed before coming after me. I picked up the pace my legs were going at and got in one of the taxis outside of the stadium.

"Can you take me to the Crowne Plaza?" I asked the driver. He nodded and began to drive away just as Luke reached the car park. My phone beeped, and I thought it was from Parker. 

It wasn't.

Elianna, Elianna throw your tissues in the bin. It looks like you finally gave up. Game over, I win.

Everything makes so much sense now. It was Miki.

Miki was the one sending me the texts.

Miki was the one making the calls.

Miki was the one that ruined my life.

---

When I got to the hotel, I paid the driver and walked to my room. Everything was starting to make sense to me. I just didn't know what to do.