Chapter 26

I turned around and saw Miki hunched over in laughter. My heavy breaths began returning to normal, and she walked over to me and placed her head on my shoulder. She was shaking with silent cackles, and I just stood there with a dumbfounded expression.

"What the hell? I thought you were campus security!" I whisper-shouted.

"It was too funny. You should've seen your face," she slurred.

"Miki, are you drunk?" I smirked.

"Pft, no! I'm completely fine!" she giggled.

I laughed at her and began dragging her down the hall to the room she was staying in. Luckily, the door was open, so I didn't have to worry about picking any locks. It's not like I could, anyway...

Once Miki was safely back in her room, I carefully shut the door and began to run down the hall on my toes so I wouldn't make any loud noises. After tripping down a few steps on the stairs, I made it to my car in one piece.

I typed in the address to Ashton's house and began the tiring drive from Adelaide to West Sydney.

--------------------------

After about an hour of dangerously fast driving, I arrived in front of Ashton's house safely. I was still wearing a pair of grey shorts and one of Luke's shirts, so I must've looked homeless. In addition to that, my hair was unruly and tangled in a messy bun on top of my head.

I knocked on the door, and Luke opened it a few moments later and greeted my presence with a hug. When I entered Ashton's familiar living room, I noticed that everyone but Michael, Carleigh, and Sarah were here.

"Where's M-" I began.

"With his idiot girlfriend," Vivian muttered a bit loudly.

The room fell silent for a few moments before I asked what Carleigh and Sarah got into an argument about.

"Well at first, Carleigh accidently tripped over Sarah's leg on her way to get a drink, and Sarah ended up spilling a full cup of beer on herself. That pissed her off, and she began cursing at Carleigh. It didn't really end well for Sarah, though," Calum explained.

"Is that it?" I asked.

"No, there's more. Sarah began talking about how Carleigh was desperate to get Michael's attention, and if looks could kill, Sarah would've began descending to hell. Carleigh tried to fight back, but Michael came in and began protecting his fake-ass excuse for a girlfriend. Carleigh shed a few tears before physically assaulting Sarah. Personally, that was my favourite part," Vivian continued.

Wow, Sarah really is a bitch.

"How much would it cost to get her out of jail?" I questioned.

"We only need about a thousand, but we have to get it to the authorities after ten and before noon tomorrow, well today," Ashton answered.

I nodded my head in understanding, and leaned my head against Luke's shoulder.

"Why do you guys need me?" I asked.

"No reason, we just wanted you here," Calum smiled.

"Guys, I have to get up for school in a couple of hours," I groaned.

"Then say you're sick. Stay here for a few days while all the drama is happening. We miss you," Ashton smiled.

Much to my dismay, I stayed because there wasn't really a point in driving all the way back to Adelaide. Plus, X Factor Tour rehearsals start soon, so I wouldn't have to drive very far considering the fact that we were rehearsing in Sydney before our first performance in Melbourne in about a months.