Culinaria L'amore Chapter Seventeen

I hope you enjoy my quick upload lovies because something happens in this chapter where you'll either love me... or hate me :) Read to find out and try to drop a vote in :)

<3 Infatuated

********************

Bright sunlight stun my eyes when I opened them, letting me get a clear biew of the trees and the Rockie Mountains in the far off distance. For a second I just layed there, not sure what woke me up until I heard a light snore next to me, jolting me out of my morning daze.

Next to me on the red sofa, Garrett had an arm over his eyes and a hand precariously close to mine. Dressed in what he was wearing yesterday, and with his hair mussed up like that from sleep, he looked almost at peace. Groggily I looked around to see where we were when I realized that it was already nine thirty in the morning. The clock reminded my fuzzy mind of my room, so gently, I tried to stand up and not disturbe Garrett as I was doing so.

However, I nearly screamed when his warm hand latched onto my wrist, the same place he had held last night before dinner. His grip was strong but it didn't hurt, yet how desperately I tried to pry his fingers from me, he remained stoic, even in sleep. Finally, he muttered "Please don't go," and released my arm, tossing himself closer to my body then let out a content sigh. Not knowing if he was just muttering in his sleep or was wide awake just teasing me, I stood over his for a second before slowly scootching away and heading to the bathroom.

My disheveled appearance made me want to groan as I turned on the fuorescent light; my hair was poofier than normal, I had bags under my eyes, and my makeup had smeared around my face, giving me what I hoped was merely extra shadows from my eyeliner. I was wearing what I wore last night except my scarf was missing as was my shoes. Garrett must of taken then off when...

Wait? What happened last night?

Leaning on the marble counter, I closed my eyes and tried to recall what had happened. I remembered cooking with him, putting the bread in the oven, and talking about how delicious his cooking was. Then, Garrett had brought up the topic of me. And then...

Oh god, I didn't cry last night, did I? Shit. And I may have ruined his shirt from my sob fest too. Double shit.

With a groan, I washed off my make up and tried to comb my hair before walking back out where a sleeping Garrett was lying peacefully on the couch, still deep in slumber. Tiptoing past him, I reached my closet and grabbed a silk bluse and a pair of jeans. Once I finished dressing, he was still asleep, so coming up to him, I slowly shook his hard shoulder.

"Garrett. Get up. Garreettt."

He didn't stir.

Resigned to poking his stomach, I leaned over him taking in his peaceful expression.

After he still wouldn't move, I tried the last move under my belt.

Gently sitting on his rock hard abs seemed to do the trick. Just as I positioned myself, Garrett jolted up, smacking his face right into my chest.

Oh god.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." I sputtered, awkwardly falling onto the ground as he sat up, a mischevious smile on his face. I could still feel his face pressed into...

Oh Jesus, someone shoot me now.

"You know, I've been awake since you were shaking my shoulder, you know. If you were that deserpate to get some action, all you had to do was tell me. I would of been happy to oblidge." He cocked an eyebrow at me.

My faced flamed. Ah, the old Garrett was back and worse than ever.

He continued talking. "Not that it didn't feel good or anything. I actually am in need of a massage, you know, here." His wicked grin widened when I slapped him on the chest and muttered, "you're such a pervert."