Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-One

Vote and comment and enjoy.

Can you guys maybe comment a bit more? Some people last chapter gave me great feedback and I want to hear more from you guys! I'll be choosing a random commentor from now on to dedicate a chapter to so be sure to leave a long comment! I won't update till 30 comments.

<3 Infatuated

********************

James swiveled to the far right, focusing on a group of blond women and smiled in their general direction. "First we have with us the lovely Swiss ladies from Switzerland! " The crowd erupted into cheers and cameras flashed. I had the urge to cover my ears from the loud ruckus but managed to keep on my smile as I clapped politely for the Swiss Team.

"We have Anna, Carolyn, Julia, and Diane. How are you ladies doing tonight?"

The blond on the very edge answered in a thick, European accent, shifting a little under the bright lights and the camera man that was right in her face.

"We're doing good."

After the first three questions, I realized that if I wanted to stay awake, I'd have either pretend that everyone was in their underwear, as cliche as it was, or analyze what everyone was wearing. And even after I admired the gold stitching on the Korean lady's kimono styled dress, my eyelids started to droop ever so often. Needless to say, I was bored out of my mind and at the verge of collapsing onto the grey stage and taking a nap. My nerves were long gone but at the same time, I would occasionally shift nervously as James began interviewing the people next to us. He was going in a circle starting from the right and we were up next.

"Thank you guys. Ah and here we go. Team America!" James shouted as the crowd really went wild this time, so noisy that every other cheer that had been heard seemed like a mouse's compared to our lion's roar. My ears were ringing by the time everyone began to quiet down and my smile was starting to strain, my cheeks sore and jaws stiff.

"So, here we have two of the most famous American chefs with us along with their sous'. How are you guys doing tonight? "

Alonzo muttered 'tired' away from microphone attached to his cheek and Garrett said with a big smile, "we're doing awesome."

Yeah, awesome my ass.

"Nervous?" James asked casually, looking over our little group slowly.

"A bit. But we're hyped up for the competition tomorrow." Garrett muttered just as smoothly, shooting his famous smile at James and the crowd. I swore five women just fainted somewhere.

"Yeah? What do you guys do when you get nervous?"

I smiled suddenly, knowing exactly what to say. "Well, Alonzo and Angela have a make out session and it seems to work pretty well for them."

The crowd laughed and Alonzo and Angela gave me dirty looks while Garrett's chest vibrated as he chuckled next to me. James grinned at me, crossing his arms over his chest and I gulped, looking at the devious expressions on his face.

"Yeah? I've heard that works. But what about you and Garrett? You don't do the same do you?"

The stage and the audience suddenly grew quiet as they focused on me, but with a shaky smile, I said, "nah, watching them make out is enough to make us less nervous. Actually it makes us kind of sick to the stomach but that's better than being nervous."

The crowd laughed again and I could feel Garrett relax next to me as we realized that we had just gotten out of the danger zone. Even though we weren't in a relationship, there had been a time when something along the lines of kissing had been present and I knew if that was mentioned, the paparazzi would have a field day.