Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Seven

So.... I don't know if that baby threat actually worked or if you guys really liked the last chapter but either way, thank you, everyone of you, for getting me to Teen Fiction 33 and Watty Awards 59. That really means a big deal to me! I'm a greedy person so I kind of want the same for this chapter, so...

If every single one of you don't vote and comment for this chapter, some babies are definitely getting punched!!!

Seriously...

One more note: school starts for me tomorrow so the updates will vary since I'm taking really intense courses and skipping a couple prerequisites but please bear with me lovies!

<3 Infatuated

********************

"Jesus Kirsten, I'm so sorry for getting you sick." Harrison wheezed, setting down a tray of steaming chicken noodle soup and floppoing onto the love seat next to where I was curled up, tucked under a layer of blankets.

I managed a small chuckle, barely audible from under the pile of cotton and my scratchy throat, before I lifted myself up and grasped the bowl, inhaling the decadent smell of creamy chicken. "You just made me canned chickenn noodle soup. Whatever your fault was, there wasn't any by the way, you are definitely forgiven."

When Harrison started coughing, his face barely visible above a red scarf, I set down my bowl before croaking, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"We totally shouldn't have stayed in the snow for that long." I muttered with a sigh, giving Harrison one of my quilt blankets before snatching the remote and tuning out of the Kardashians.

"You freaking kidding me? That was a fun first date."

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "Well yeah, for the first couple hours until we both got sick."

"Well, that too."

We both fell silent as I sipped my soup, enjoying the feeling of the warm liquid sliding down my throat. The silence was broken a moment later when Harrison shifted in his seat and muttered, "I'm going to miss you when you leave."

I looked over at him... and cracked up.

"What the hell's so funny? I just poured out my heart and soul and you're laughing?!"

Gasping, I doubled over, trying to find the words. "Your nose is red and your eyes are all watery. Not to mention your Winnie The Pooh sweater. You just look so dang cute."

"You're just so dang funny." Harrison replied, aiming for the Southern accent but sounding more nasally than he already was.

"I'm sorry. I'll miss you too. Won't have anyone to make me noodle soup."

"Garrett can."

I looked up, searching for a hint of jealously in Harrison's voice but found none, just his clear hazel eyes staring at me innocently.

"Yeah, well maybe I'll just make my own." I replied cheerfully, then changing the subject said, "you coming to the airport tomorrow with me?"

"Of course I am. That is, if I'm not dead." Harrison blew his nose on a tissue. "Which, right now, isn't that doubtful."

I sighed, leaning over to ruffle his brown hair. "I think you should head home and rest up. I think you've got it worse than me. I'll be okay by myself."

"But I wanna chill with you." Harrison whined, batting his eyes at me in a comical fashion. "You being on a TV cooking and talking to television hosts isn't the same as you smashing snowballs into my face."