Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Six

VOTE VOTE VOTE! I beg of you please!!!

<3 Infatuated

********************

Flashing lights, blue and red, hushed voices, Amelia's limp body, Adam staring at me dully, not realizing that he was the cause of my many pains, Garrett's worried face as he asked me what's wrong, what's wrong?

I feel like I can't breathe. The space around me is constricted, making me dizzy, and my diaphragm seemed to help my lungs in no way. My fingers were numb, unmovable and stiff, while the rest of my body responded weakly to my mind, allowing me to move around slowly and blearily as we entered the hospital, everyone running too fast for me to keep up.

Garrett's concern was obvious on his face as he slowed down his pace and linked his fingers with mine, tugging me along gently down the bright fluorescent lit hallway as paramedics lead Amelia and Adam down to the ER.

As I tried to follow, an elderly nurse gently pushed me back, telling me that visitors would only be accepted after they were checked up. Sinking into a seat in the anteroom, I slumped against the white wall, wanting just for time to pass by.

Turning to Garrett who has seated himself next to me, I opened my mouth then swayed, losing control of my balance and slumped over his chest, blacking out.

*********************

"Kirsten? Kirsten? Are you okay? Goddamnit!"

The world slowly came into focus as Garrett waved his hand over my face, his own one of worriment then relief as I batted his hand away.

I was lying across Garrett's lap when I finally focused on where we were. "I'm okay." I muttered shakily, relieved when the numbness seemed to fade a bit and I could flex my fingers.

"Are you sure?" Garrett asked, my head feeling the vibrations in his chest as he talked.

Looking up at him, a hysterical giggle escaped my mouth as I stared at his brown mustache, lopsided and drooping over his mouth. "Did I faint so long that you grew a moustache Garrett? I dig the facial hair."

Garrett didn't get a chance to reply as a plump elderly nurse came up to us asking, "are you okay?" Without allowing me to assure her that I was fine, she started probing my eyelids, feeling my forehead to make sure that I was okay. Then she passed me a bag of candy and a bottle of water, turning to Garrett.

"She appears to be completely conscience. She's the friend of the redhead right? Maybe just in shock."

Shock? More like a deep pain inside my gut due to the fact that my friend had just been raped by the man who killed my father.

Tearing open a fun sized bag of M&M's, I tried to sit up, only slightly dizzy, but before I could sit in my own seat, Garrett pushed me down, encircling an arm around my waist so I couldn't move.

"Garrett. Stop." I muttered, trying to get his arm to release his grip on me. "I can sit by myself. It isn't hard. Plus, you made me spill an M&M. M&M wasters aren't very attractive, you know."

"Shut up and eat." He replied, looking down at me with stormy grey eyes. After all of the incidents had occurred, any green or blue was hidden behind a solid, dark silver color that made him look more intense and stranger.

"Garrett. You're mustache is lopsided." I muttered, flicking it back into place. "Oh look! I fixed it!"

"Don't make me kiss you to shut you up. You need to rest."

"If you kissed me, I'd probably swoon again."

"Oh Kirsten." Garrett said, touching his forehead with mine and placing a kiss on my cheek. "Don't be a smart aleck now. You scared me so much when you just blacked out. You seriously need to rest."