Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Seven

Last chapter before the epilogue guys! I'm excited... yet sad. Happy but remorseful that everything's coming to an end, and that we'll have to say goodbye to Kirsten and Garrett and the rest of the crew. Which means that there's no spinoff, no sequel, no prequel... nada. Just this part and and the epilogue. So.... IF YOU REALLY LOVED CULINARIA L'AMORE THEN VOTE FOR EVERY CHAPTER!! AND SUPPORT IT IN THE WATTY'S FOR TEEN FICTION AND BEST TITLE!!!

That's all.

But I do have a serious question and it would be super nice if you could take one second to answer it: once CL is complete, will you continue on and read my next book or will I have to expect five reads on every chapter?

Thanks!

<3 Infatuated

********************

Our beraggled group, Alonzo, Angela, Garrett, and I arrived at the Denver International Airport late the next night. Although we did have the luxury of the private plane, Alonzo was wobbly, probably from the champagne, Angela looked a tad green, and I was absolutely exhausted, ready for a nice soft bed and a sleeping mask. Garrett, however, was talking nonstop on his cellphone, speaking rapidly in a mixture of Italian and English, half the words too garbled for any of us to comprehend as we picked up our luggage from the desk, and looked around to see if we recognized anyone.

When Garrett realized what we were doing, he shot me a bright smile before resting a hand gently on my back and steering me towards the automatic doors, going 'mhm' every two seconds as the person on the other line delivered a hefty monologue.

Alonzo and Angela followed warily, and as a big blast of frigid Colorado winter, I shivered in my light jacket and gripped Garrett's hand more tightly.

"Where the hell are we going?" Alonzo asked blearily as we came to a standstill on the wide sidewalk, all of us watch Garrett warily as he started waving and jumping up and down at the cars.

Garrett had been released from the hospital yesterday morning, his facial scars healing over nicely and his shoulder beginning to recover. Ever since we had began packing our bags, he had been excited over something, always grinning at himself and never stopping to take a break from his smile. I hadn't bothered asking why he was in such a good mood in fear of ruining it, so I just watched, complacent.

"Ah, here we go." Garrett said happily, watching as a big black Mercedes Benzs came rolling to a smooth stop in front of our group. Grabbing my bag with a grunt, much ot my protest, he opened the trunk with his injured side and shoved my suitcase in, before beckoning the other two to do the same.

Sliding into the back, I was met with a pleasant surprised as Toben turned around in his seat and grinned at me. "How's my darling lady doing?" He asked in a Boston droll, honking the horn so that the people in front of us jumped in fright, before tossling my hair.

"Garrett's lady is doing just fine." I replied, just as happy, managing to stretch my hand out far enough to touch the tips of his curls before Garrett's voice rang out from the back.

"Toben!? Do you mind helping out back here and stopping your obnoxious flirting with my girlfriend?"

After everything was settled in the trunk, Garrett squeezed next to me in the very back, and Alonzo and Angela took the seats in front of us. Gently taking my hand, Garrett rolled his thumb over my palm, giving me a reassured and excited smile before saying to Toben, "you know where to go."

His words caused me to frown in confusion but he just shook his head. "Don't worry about it Kirsten."

The drive to the Bianchi Mansion took only twenty minutes, but looking out the window ten minutes later, Angela and Alonzo both conked out in the front, I realized that we were still on the highway, heading toward Colorado Springs instead of East Denver.