Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Seven

New chapter! I loved the votes on the previous one! Do the same this time? Pretty please?

I actually had a lot of trouble trying to write this chapter and they're a question at the end that I hope you guys can answer for me!

Check out vanillanightsky's story Volleyball Princess! She's my new editor and her story is superb; deserves more reads and votes!

Also, thanks sooo freaking much for getting me to 500 fans and 100,000 reads! Two of my milestones have just been so in honor of all of my marvelous readers, post a comment below with your book title and I'll be sure to check it out!

<3 Infatuated

********************

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of beeping and my mother flipping through a gossip magazine, her heels tapping against the floor in a quick staccato, a bad habit she had whenever she was anxious or worried.

When she saw me open my eyes, my mother jumped up to her feet and hurried to my bed, her wrinkles etching deep into her weary face.

"Thank God you're awake Kirsten. I was getting so worried." My mother said, gently brushing away the hair on my forehead with her warm hand. I blinked groggily, realizing that I was in the hospital, and that the pain in my ribs was gone.

"What happened?" I asked tiredly, my head falling back onto my pillow and my hair spilling out behind me. I remembered details. Garrett and I rescuing Amelia, Adam being dragged unconsciously into the ER, Amelia telling me about her being date raped, and Garrett telling me that it was over.

'What was over?' I wondered as my mother started describing in detail what had happened the night before. 'Garrett had once said that we were just friends, but then what was up with the kisses, the glances, the promise to ask me out after the competition? Not to mention that he had said that he wanted to break up with me when we weren't even a couple to begin with.' The phone call seemed strange as well but before I could dwell on it more, a couple of my mother's words diverted my attention back to her.

"You have a broken rib. I don't know how you managed to last so long last night without medical attention. Then again your father...."

'I was completely numb. Of course I didn't notice the pain.' I thought to myself, letting my mother talking about how my father had always been the fighter.

"But thank god you got out of there before you could of been slipped a bad drink."

Exhausted and not in the mood of talking, I asked in a scratchy voice, "where's everyone right now?"

"Well let's see. Mr. Bianchi and Yivanni came by earlier today and came to visit, Garrett just left before you woke up and..."

The rest of my mother's words were zoned out as I focused on the fact that Garrett had just left. Everything seemed so confusing.

"What about Amelia?" I asked softly, propping my head against my pillow in a more comfortable way so that I could focus on my mom's worried face.

"Your red-head friend? She's still in the next room down, resting up."

"And um... Adam?"

Immediately, my mother's face fell, clouding over, her eyes getting tired and slightly wet and her mouth turned down in a frown.

"He's in Intensive Care right now. I think his right collapsed or something thanks to Garrett."

Before I could say anything else, a soft knock echoed and a petite nurse walked in with a clipboard, her face pleasant and almost superficial looking.