3

Thursday May 17 2:36 pm

"MINE!" Yelled the girl on the other side of the court hitting a volleyball back over to my side. Ashton was on her team while I got a decent Calum and the new kid. Prep. I was standing in the back trying to avoid as much work as possible, the gym was big so most things didn't go that far to the back.

The girl in front of my team hit the ball back over scoring a point for our team and we cheered. We were winning by a lot so I didn't really care about trying to score anymore points

During volleyball I didn't really do much. I would try to hit the ball but I wouldn't go where I would want it to, I don't get how everyone is good at the sport. And yes I did once try to play it back in 6th grade but I was horrible ask the girl I gave the concussion to. Oops.  Calum was better at volleyball then I was, he could hit the ball but was trash at spiking it. I hated to admit it but prep was actually pretty good he was Ashton's competition.

"Calum switch me spots." I whisper to the left of me, getting in a squat position because the ball was close to my side.

"What? Why." He said hitting the ball back scoring a point for our team.

"No one hits the ball to the left and you know I suck." I plead trying to cause as little attention to me as possible. I was dreading the volleyball coming towards me.

"Dick that is." Luke says joining the conversation giggling along with Calum. I stick out my tongue scrunching my face.

I turn my head towards Prep facing him. "Stay out of this." I turn my head back and before I know it the volleyball goes straight to my face. Fuck, I start to feel very dizzy and my seeing starts to get blurry. I see Calum and Luke rush towards me but they were only blurred figures.

"Lina are you okay?" Calum asks me concerned I look up at him and see Luke right next to him with a concerned look on his face. Before I could respond I hear a whistle blow and the p.e teacher comes onto the crowded court.

"Lina go to the nurse now you need a ice pack on that." He commands putting the whistle down from his mouth on his shirt. The other students start to walk over seeing what was happening. I get up from the ground dusting off the dirt from my shorts.

"Your name is Lina?" Luke asks. I still haven't told him my name and I guess it's a good time to tell him now.

"It's actually Catalina." I say before walking past the double doors down the hallway towards the nurses office.

••• Thursday 7:56 pm

"Let's go to the city!" I say. Calum, Ashton, Michael, Luke  and I, yes a said Luke (it was Ashton's idea to invite him) were trying to see where to spend our Thursday night we were currently at Michaels. We were all scattered along Michael's many couches in his basement. I was on the big one sharing it with Calum and Ashton while Luke and Michael were on separate ones. It smelled of french fries because Ashton decided to cook them as an after school snack.

"If no one objects we are going into the city," Ashton says no one objects or says otherwise. "Guess we're going to the city."

We all grab our stuff and climb into Ashton's car.

"I want the aux," I say grabbing it and plugging it into my phone. "I don't trust you with it prep." I say glaring.

"Hey I played some good music." He said in defense referring to the time I was in his car.

"Well I play better music." I turn on some blink 182 and we all jam out till we get to the city.