14

Tuesday May 29 6:49 pm
Luke's POV

"Stacy, I think we should break up."

"Luke why would you ever say such a thing?" Stacy responds holding my hand.

"I just think it's time for our relationship to come to an end." I say with a steady tone.

"I thought we loved each other, we can overcome this a million couples have. Everyone has their rough patches."

"This whole relationship has been a rough patch Stas, I don't like you anymore I like someone else. I'm sorry." I say pulling away from her grip.

She eyes me. "You like that Haywood girl don't you." She says.

"Huh?"

"Lina, you like Lina don't you!" She yells and I look at the floor avoiding eye contact. "How could you do this to me Luke, you're going to throw away our years worth of relationship for some girl you barely know."

"It's not only Lina, I just want to be alone."

"Well, wouldn't it be awful if she found out that you're only going to that school to finish a project at Saint Ridge." She says a smirk showing up on her face.

"You wouldn't. You'd be crazy to do that." I say.

"You don't break up with me and I won't tell your little crush that you're just using her.

I glare at her and she just glares back. "Deal." I exit her room leaving her house walking to my car.

I turn on the engine pulling out my phone to check it. I get a text from Lina, "Wanna hang?" I instantly respond back agreeing to hangout. I fasten my seatbelt and start to drive to her house. I finally get there parking by her sidewalk. She has texted me that the front door was open and that her mom was asleep. I walk up the stairs to her room hearing her laughing to see that she was face timing Calum.

"Hey Lina."

"Got to go Calum, Luke's here," She says hanging up the phone. She studies my face, "Something wrong?" She sits on the edge of her bed.

"I broke up with Stacy." I say sitting down on her bed. I felt bad for lying to her but she won't ever know that truth, I'll keep it a secret. Everything will be fine.

I look over at Lina. "Oh, are you okay?"

"You don't have to pretend that you care, I'm glad I broke up with her." I say smiling.

A roll of relief washes over her. "Thank god I've never liked her anyway." She smiles. Ah if only this was true.

"So how do you feel being single?" She asks.

"Refreshing, I've been dating her for so long I forgot what it feels like to be alone. I'm glad it's over with."

"So what are you gonna do as your first night of being a single man," She smiles. "Go clubbing."

"Hell no," I laugh. "That's not me."

"Or maybe I should hire you a stripper." She says nudging my shoulder with her elbow. I laugh shaking my head. "Or maybe you confess to your crush that you have fallen madly in love with her." She says dramatically spreading her arms out and falling into my lap.

She laughs covering her mouth with her hand. I study her for a second and she notices.

"Why do you cover your mouth when you laugh?" I ask.

"I don't know just a habit I guess." Giving out a slight laugh looking over to the side.

"You shouldn't do it because you have a beautiful smile." I compliment. I look down at her studying her face. God she was gorgeous.