12

Friday May 25 6:12 pm
Luke's POV

"Smile in 3,2,1." Amy's dad says as he takes the photo. My family and I went to a house party at Amy's. It was hers and I's families with some other mutual family friends.

"Oh Luke you look so handsome this evening." Amy says gushing over me. I nod and thank her.

My dad comes over and whispers in my ear. "You always have to compliment her back son." I look over at him and he gives me a look walking off.

"Your hair looks very pretty tonight Amy." I say to her. She plants a kiss on my cheek and I mentally cringe.

A lady comes up to us. "Aww you guys are so cute, how long have you been together?"

Too fucking long I thought in my head.

"A couple years." I say.

Amy speaks over me. "Since seventh grade, we got to know each other sixth grade and then seventh grade was the lucky year for us. We're more of a duo relationship Luke was always a trouble maker but I would keep him grounded. I'm also his lucky charm aren't I Lukey."

More like an un-lucky charm and the worst four years of my life.

"Yeah." I say Amy looks over at me mad then looks back over at the lady.

"He's always been a quiet one." She looks at me glaring. I shrug. "Why don't you get me a drink Lukey, do something useful."

I walk over thankful that I finally got out of that situation. I go over and grab a drink for myself and gulp it down. I check my phone and I got a message from Lina asking how the party is going. I send her a eye rolling emoji and she sends me ":/"

"What do you think you're doing." Amy yells at me angrily.

"What do you mean?"

"I asked you to bring me a drink and you've drunken it all and you're on your phone." She grabs the cup from my hand and takes my phone. "Who were you texting."

Amy checks the messages. "Who the hell is this?" She glares at me. She starts to text on my phone but as soon as I try to take it she pulls it away from me. "This is mine for tonight, don't make me tell your parents on you. Now come on."

She grabs my hand pulling it to the living room where everyone was.

"What were you two up too?" A older lady says giving us a wink.

"Karen you never want to ask what teenagers could be doing alone." He tells her looking at me. "Always use protection boy." He says taking his wife away.

That was kinda weird.

Good thing I haven't lost mine to Amy.

The next hour of the party was pretty boring it was mostly me faking my smile and compliments and Amy talking most of the time when we would get endless questions from adults about our future.

I go upstairs to the bathroom to get a break from the people. I check myself out into the mirror and I hear a knock on the window. I go over and see Lina outside of it. I feel a big rush of relief wash over me. Yes someone to make this dumb party a little bit better.

"How'd you get here, how do you know where she lives?" I say smiling in relief.

"I get around." She says smiling climbing inside of the bathroom. She looks around the gigantic bathroom. "So it's really boring huh." She looks at me.

"How can you tell?"

"You look stressed."

"So not to be a downer or anything but you can't really go out there, downstairs It's not you but they're just really judgmental and rude at times." I say.