8. History Repeating l

"Are you sure?" He asked. I answered that question with a kiss. He started to take off my shirt as I did the same to him. He then took my bra off with ease. "You're amazing, Emily."

"Not so bad yourself, Damon." All of a sudden a ringing noise filled the air. Wait what?

I woke up gasping. I have woke up several times tonight receiving different dreams with the same concept. For the third time that night I hit Damon on the head. "You're so annoying. Can't I just have some peaceful sleep for once?"

"You were. It was your alarm that woke you up," he informed me before smirking, "Why? Have a good dream?"

I gulped, "No...."

Damon rolled his eyes, "Sure you weren't."

"I wasn't!"

"Why are you getting so defensive?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow. He had me there.

"I um... Don't like rats," I answered weakly.

"That was not the question," Damon retaliated.

"It wasn't? Oh well," I shifted awkwardly, "You should go."

"Now why would I do that?" Damon asked scooting closer to me.

I jumped out of the bed, "Because I have to get ready for school. Oh yeah and you FUCKING KILLED SOMEONE!" He smiled and reached over to my night stand and handed me something. "What the hell is this?"

"It's a peace offering," He shrugged.

"I meant what is the substance moron," I retorted.

"It's coffee." I set it back down refusing to drink it. "Come on you need it. You look dead."

"At least I'm not. Unlike some people," I said shooting him a glare.

Damon sighed, "Alright. I'm sorry," He said not looking the least bit sorry at all.

"Remove yourself from the premises, please," I demanded crossing my arms stubbornly.

"I got the town off my back. It was for the greater good but I'm sorry," Damon thought for a moment, "And to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on human for at least a week."

I scoffed at that statement, "That will fail miserably. I already see the headlines. 'Vampire gone rouge'."

"I promise. In fact, I'll adopt Stefan diet," he announced, "Only nothing with feathers."

"Humans better grow feathers fast..."

"Ha ha. Very funny," he said obviously not amused.

"I know." And with that I walked into the bathroom and out of his sight. I brushed my teeth and my hair. By the time I came back out Damon was gone. Even though I wanted him to leave, I couldn't help but wish he was still here. I quickly shook off that thought and got ready for school. Elena and I met downstairs and we left together.

*time jump to school*

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked Caroline her eyebrows furrowed.

"No I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move," Caroline explained.

"Well you aren't mad at me though," I said.

"That is because you slapped Damon," Caroline simply stated.

I smiled mischievously, "It's always fun to slap people."