18. Unpleasantville IV

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE!!

I stood awkwardly for a moment after that whole fiasco with Tyler, before spotting Jeremy by the punch bowl. I walked over hoping he could brighten my spirits. "What's the big deal with the stupid journal?" I heard him ask some girl who I think was named Anna. I was almost there where they could hear me before he Jeremy stepped back shocked. "Your eye," he said confused.

Anna rubbed at it before saying, "There's something in it. Forget it. I have to go." She walked off after that as I approached the table.

"How odd," I commented.

"Were you eaves dropping?" Jeremy accused.

"No! I was saying that your, um, hair is odd," I quickly lied.

"It's been the same way for years," Jeremy retaliated.

I waved my hand. "That's besides the point."

"That is exactly on the point."

"Anyways," I said trying to change the subject, "Why is no one freaking out over Mater?"

Jeremy raised an eyebrow. "Who's Mater?"

"Mater from cars of course!" I said as it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "Why would we be talking about Mater?"

"Well, for two reasons. One being you and him have a shockingly close resemblance-"

"Fuck you."

"I'm your sister, Jeremy," I reminded him. "And two, the guy lives in a junkyard full of car parts."

"So?"

"He lives in a world where it is a world of taking cars!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my god," Jeremy said as he came to realization. "It's like if we were to be roaming around in a bunch of human arms, toes, and knee caps."

"That knee cap was so random."

"So are you, but I don't say anything," Jeremy retorted.

I gasped in fake shock and placed my hand over my heart. "And I thought we were becoming closer."

"Yeah, closer to killing each other."

"Jeremy, I think we need a sibling break," I said to him backing up.

"Fine by me." I glared at him before trying to find Elena, but she was dancing with Stefan, so I let them be.

My eyes roamed over the gym, searching for Caroline and Bonnie. I saw a group of girls giggling and pointing at a group of guys. I saw some couples slow dancing, and some were grinding on each other.

In the middle of the dance floor was a huge group of people dancing. I looked closer hoping to find my friends, only to see something that made me want to gag. Damon was dancing with some girl. I recognized her. Her name was Rachel.

Rachel was moving her hips on Damon. He had his hands on her waist, which were trailing down her thigh. She turned around while looping her arms around Damon's neck and smiled flirtatiously at him.